6. Like it's father

It was once again time to go home with no ride. It's not that I have no friends, it's that most of them are athletes, meaning they have practice. Since I already know I would be walking, I went to the library to find a good book. After a while, I found a nice dictionary. Looked like it could give a good hit, so I grabbed it on my journey home.  I left the baby in my first hour teacher's classroom, so I would not have to worry. Again it was getting dark but I just kept walking.

I heard voices talking in another language near the same dark alley as last time. I got in the same position hiding and try observing again. I saw 3 men arguing about something with the same foreign language and tried to make out who they were. Nothing seemed to work until one of them stood out of the shadows a bit.

"Pablo," I said, a bit too loud. All their eyes snapped to me and I froze. I did the one thing I thought was right. I begged for my life in a different language. Don't ask me why but it just felt right. "Ne me tuez pas, s'il vous plaît. Je suis trop jeune et vraiment sympa. Je ne sais même pas qui vous êtes, alors si vous me lâchez, je ne dirai rien." (Translation: "Do not kill me, please. I'm too young and really nice. I do not even know who you are, so if you let me go, I will not say anything. ")

I see Pablo coming towards me and I close my eyes tight and whisper a prayer. Next thing I know, I'm pinned to the wall like a painting, by none other than Pablo. Crazy how we keep ending up like this.

"What are you doing here?" He says from under his ski mask.

That's when I loose it, I'm both angry and confused. "You can speak, so why the hell didn't you answer when I was talking to you and them," I shout and point behind him to the two shocked men behind. Like I said before I have that effect, and it sure doesn't disappoint.

"Probably because you were speaking French and my men speak Spanish, dumbass," he says lowly.

I look at him and squint my eyes. "I don't like your attitude," I said. One of the guys behind him, stifle a chuckle. The other one's jaw dropped. The Rose Black effect.

I look back into his grey eyes and I see him lean in beside my ear to say something. He is so close, I could feel his hot breath on my ear. "Well, too bad, chéri," he said back.

He just said darling in French to me, I hate to admit it but it was hot. My cheeks heated up when he leaned back and looked at me, I saw the amusement in his eyes. I then realized something really important, he can speak French too. That asswipe.

I still had my dictionary in my hand and was pinned with his forearm to my chest and his knee to my stomach. I have to get out of here and I want to hit him. I take the chance to knee him wherever my knee lands, making him release his hold on me a bit to grab what I hit. I take my dictionary and hit him a lot but as I was going to hit him some more, he caught my forearms, pinning me to the wall again.

"Are you crazy?" He says, looking skeptical. It was hard to ignore his men slowly pulling out guns, he looks at them and they put their guns away.

"Obviously. Is it really hard to tell?" I say with mock confusion. I don't wait for a reply and head butt him. I thought it would be easier, but it honestly hurt like a shit ton. I knew I had to start running, so I did. I ran for my life. After I said tootles and waved with a smile to the other shocked two, of course. I can't be rude.

Pablo let me go, and just gripped his head as his men supported him. I really don't get why people think that Pablo is a scary person. Sure he gives off that vibe and sure he stabs people with no regret nor remorse and sure he's a hooligan looking robber but deep down there's a human in him. Deep deep down.

I make it home alive with the dictionary still with me. I do my homework and shower then check my phone for any texts. I find none and decide that I need sleep. I close my eyes and float into my dreams.

**

Next morning, I rush to first hour to get my baby. I grabbed the plastic thing and went to my seat. I grabbed the key card and turned it on like the others did. I looked at it with it's green eyes boring into mine. It looks like it's father.

Talking about fathers, Ryan sat beside me and reached for gummy bear, our baby. I pass it to him gently as if it'll wake up. I look up to his green eyes and see that they were already looking back. Is this a moment? I wouldn't know but I do know that we are way too close again. This time feels more serious. I can see him leaning in and I look down at the baby to avoid him then I look to the front. He was trying to kiss me? But why? I'm flattered but with all the bimbos at his table, he should probably be more than busy.

He seemed to realize because he straightened up and frowned. I feel embarrassed so I burry my face in my hands and let my brown hair fall to hide my face. I just made it awkward and uncomfortable, it's not my fault I have to save my Virgin lips from the boys here. Even if they're nice, rich, and handsome... It doesn't feel right. It has to be perfect, you know?

I can see Grayson looking at me through my peripheral vision. I don't know what his expression is but I can tell that he saw everything. "Rose?" I hear Ryan say.

"Mmhm," I hum, not wanting to talk.

"If it made you that uncomfortable, you can just forget about it," he whispered , I could hear the hurt laced with it. I look at his frowning face.

"I think it's just a bit too random and fast, but it's ok, really but please don't," I whisper back...I smell like fries. How cute.

"Don't what?" He asked in a hushed tone, looking confused. "Try to kiss you or be sad about you not wanting me to?" He continued.

"Both," I said gently. Why does he even like me? Omg. Does he need glasses? He's going blind, for sure. We need a medic stat!

He nodded and acted like nothing happened. We both faced the front and I ran out as soon as the bell rang. I left gummy bear in his father's care.

******

Hope you enjoyed, boos but vote and comment if you like, I would appreciate it.