5. Boys these days.

I wake up and text Ryan so he would also have my number for the project. I do my usual routine and end up at school again. I go to my locker to take out my books, then head to my first hour. I take a seat but I don't see Ryan. I saw the teacher walk in, today's lesson was about diapers, and we were going to put them on our babies. I didn't have the baby though.

I raised my hand and the teacher nodded. "What do I do if my partner is not here?" I ask.

"Team up with someone else that doesn't have their partner for today," he said. I was about to look around when a deep voice stopped me.

"Team up with me, my partner isn't here," meanie said. I stare at him shocked then nodded. This is gonna be awkward, I can already tell. I scoot my chair closer to him, so I can see the baby. He's staring at me and I'm staring at the baby. The baby is laying down, being all plastic with its eyes looking straight ahead at nothing.

I reach in for the baby, and scoot it closer to me. I poke it's stomach and hear it burp. I jump back in surprise. Nasty, creepy, little thing. I listen closely for the teachers instructions and do as he says.

"Now that you put the powder, you need a diaper. Go grab one from the basket, over there," the teacher instructs, while pointing a finger to the back of the room. I was holding the baby, so I looked to meanie beside me and just wait. He gets up and comes back with a diaper in one hand.

I thank him as I reach in to grab the diaper from his hand. I stop in my tracks and stare at his hands, that are once again filled with dried blood. Instead of grabbing the diaper, I grabbed his hand and place it on the table. I'm kinda disappointed really and it looks even worst this time.

With one hand on his, I pinch the bridge of my nose with the other. What does his parents think about this? I can tell this isn't just a random thing because there are healing wounds all over his hands. I leave his hand, to reach for my first aid kit again.

"Don't," he said firmly, as he grabs my hand stopping me. Ughh boys these days.

I turn around and nod. I'm not his best friend or his family, so it isn't my job nor my business. That being said if he doesn't want my help, then I can't force my help on him. I think I'm going to be a doctor, when I grow up. That way I can subscribe medical marijuana to myself and forget idiot people that don't want my help. I slide my hand away and grab the diaper.

I look down at the poor baby, and give it a sympathetic look for having meanie as a father. Which reminds me. "What's your name?" I ask him suddenly, still looking at the baby.

"Grayson," he replies. I look up to his confused eyes, with a nod. Meanie is called Grayson.

"Nice," I say and return to trying to put the diaper on the baby. When I'm done I tilt my head to the side and examine it. I think I did a good job, so I gently push it to him.

He chuckles, making me look at him. Is he bipolar? Wasn't he all serious and now he's laughing. He's looking at the baby. "This is awful," he says when he's done. Um, hurtful. I frown at him as he grabs the baby's diaper and readjusts it again. He just ruined my diaper, that rude butt.

I look down not wanting to talk to him. I always try to help him and he's just plain rude, what would I say to him? Thanks for being mean?

The bell rings and I'm outside the classroom in a matter of seconds. I go to the rest of my classes being pissed.

**

Lunch is going to start in a minute. I count down the seconds and then everyone heads out to lunch. As I walk I checked my text messages. I got a message from mom saying she can't make it and a message from Ryan saying he's sorry that he wasn't here and that he's gonna be at his table at lunch, if I want to grab the baby. I replied ok to both as I walked into the cafeteria.

I put my stuff by my usual friends and head to the table Ryan sits at. It would have been a lie, if I said I wasn't nervous or self conscious. If you were walking towards one of the most popular people's table, that contained some of the hottest and richest, you would feel the same. I wasn't rich nor poor, I was in the middle somewhere.

Ryan saw me approach the table and he smiled, I smiled back. "The baby?" I asked. He reached inside his bag and took out the baby. I put my hand on my mouth shocked, "were you trying to suffocate our baby, Ryan?"

He looked at me with wide eyes and shook his head. I frowned at him and grabbed the baby. He gave me a sheepish smile and said, "I'm sorry honey, it won't happen again." I couldn't help but smile back with a nod. I look around to see everyone at the table looking at me and Ryan with an eyebrow raised, well except Grayson, he was glaring at Ryan but I don't know if he was glaring since before or just now. I get a little scared from the bimbos and hot guys, and turn around to leave.

"You wanna sit with us?" Ryan said stopping me. I turn to face him then his groupies, some of the bimbos were glaring, I look back at him and shake my head.

"No, thank you," I said with the most polite smile I had that moment and Left as fast as I could with my baby in my hands. I took a seat and started eating an apple but that Apple couldn't distract me from feeling all the eyes that were on me. I think I can blame it on Ryan, he's the one that got me there.

Uggh boys these days, am I right?

*******

Hope you enjoyed, boos but vote and comment if you like, I would appreciate it.