Chapter 16

A/N: Sorry for the horrible last chapter, I'm having major writer's block right now.  I mean, I know what I want to happen, but it's not transitioning. :/

"I'm pregnant," I say, staring at the positive sign on the test.  "I knew it, Four.  We're going to have a baby!  Oh, what should we name it?  I want something fierce, but something that sounds real.  Like Tris, but different.  You know what I mean?"

"Clearly you're back to normal," Tobias says, "and yes.  I know what you mean.  Congratulations, Tris."

He kisses me, and I kiss him back, feeling the fear of the past few days disolve into this one kiss, leaving us if only for a brief moment.

"Don't pick up another drink, but Marcus is coming tomorrow," Tobias says with a frown, pulling away from me.  I pull him back into the kiss.  My breath tastes nice, but didn't I vomit?  Maybe I brushed my teeth afterwords and don't remember.  Ugh, I was so drunk, and I'll never drink again for a long time.

This time I'm the one that pulls Tobias over to the bed, but I don't want to have sex, I just want to lie down and take a break.

From this.  This whole fiasco, with the baby, and Marus, and-- ugh-- Peter.

Apperantly Tobias is thinking differently, though.

He pulls my shirt off right away, then his own, and I'm basically a human prop that he undresses.  It's when we're both naked that he looks at me awkwardly.

"What's wrong with you right now?" he asks, and I shrug.  

"Nothing, and I'm not used to it," I say with a smile.

"Okay," he says, and he begins.

I'm not really into it, but I pretend to be, and every time I touch Tobias-- even lightly-- he sighs.  It feels good to be making someone else feel happy, for once.

Usually everyone else is trying to cheer me up.

By the time we're done, Tobias is really tired, but I'm not, oddly enough.

I like the fact that we're going to have a baby.  Protection isn't an issue anymore.

"Let's go to the doctor tomorrow," I say before he's out cold.  "I want to go visit my parents, anyway, and the live right next to the hospital.  I want to tell them the good news.  We can visit Marcus, there, too."

Tobias shrugs, falling asleep on top of me.

"Okay, Tris..."

Then he's asleep, and I realize what's happening.

We're going to get married.  We're going to have a baby.