Chapter 27

A/N: Quick shout-out to my "biggest fan," _Taylaaaaa_  :D I never knew that I had actual fans, but... I guess I do!  xD Thank you guys for bearing with me!  Hopefully, I'll make a TFiOS fanfic when this one ends *cries* Anyway, I hope you guys follow me with that one, too, and give me as much support as you've given me with this story. :)

I wake up to the sound of a fist against the bedroom door.  "Tris," comes a muffled voice.  "Open up.  Please.  I'm sorry."  I try to go back to sleep, reaching down to pull the covers over my head, when I realize that my left arm is gone.  Oh, right.  Groggily, I yank myself out of bed and move to the door.

Unlocking it, I turn the handle and watch Tobias stumble in.  He stares into my eyes for a second, then grabs me in both of his arms and sweeps me over to the bed, kissing my lips, my neck, the three birds on my collarbone; his hands raking down to the small of my back; pressing my into the mattress, in a gentle yet forceful way that only he can do.

I sigh when he begins kissing my neck again, his fingers running through my hair.  "I thought you came here to talk to me," I say with a smile, knowing fully that no talking will be happening.

"I did," he says, pulling away to look into my eyes.  "You're an amazing, beautiful, successful woman, and I wouldn't ever dream of being with anyone else.  Ever.  I can't believe that I actually said such horrible things to you back in that hospital, especially after losing an arm.  And I'm really sorry.  I was an idiot.  I'm so sorry, Tris."

I look at him-- his tired yet alive eyes, his strong hold on me-- and I kiss him again.  This time, I'm the one that pushes him down, rubbing my body against his, kissing him and sighing and feeling so amazingly connected to him that no matter what, we'll be together.

"Hey," I mutter.  I pull away to study his expression.  "I think it's about time to try for a kid again."

And he looks at me.

And he smiles.

"I do, too."

***

I collapse next to Tobias, my heart racing and my vision fuzzy.  It was amazing, sure, but between the lack of sleep, the loss of a limb, and the withdrawls from my medication, I shouldn't have even considered sleeping with him.

"Are you okay?" he asks, turning so he's looking directly into my eyes.  "You look sick."

"I'm fine," I say, turning and wrapping my arms around Tobias.  He's so strong, so solid-- he's an anchor, and I'm the sea.  I need him right here, with me, because if I don't, then I'll just be drifting here and there, and he would be dried up and left for useless on the beach.

Okay, bad metaphor.  But I need Tobias right now.

He begins rubbing my back, and I feel instantly better, knowing that he's able to fix whatever is breaking inside of me.

"You're gonna be okay," he whispers, and for some stupid reason, I believe him.  I actually think that I can be alright.  That I'll learn to live like this.  I'll have a kid, and life will be better.  I believe this-- the question is whether or not it will come true.