Chapter 15

"No," I say.

"That's what I told him," Tobias says with a sigh.  Finally he puts his arms around me.  "He's coming either way."

"But I don't have to talk to him," I whine.

"Yes, you do," Tobias says sadly.  "He's a leader.  He's above all of us.  The bastar--"

"Four!"

"Sorry."

"I think we could both use a drink."

"No, you know I don't drink, Tris."

"I think it's time you start again."

***

After a half an hour and a bottle of vodka, Tobias is lying down on the bed trying to sleep, and I'm so dizzy I'm just sitting on the ground, trying not to move.

"This is why I don't drink, Tris," Tobias says in a scolding tone.

"You had two shots!" I complain.

"And you had eleven.  You're drunk, Tris."

"I am not!"  I hiccup.  "Stop saying my name like that.  You make it sound like a flower.  And I'm not a flower."

"Come on, get up here and get some rest."  He pats the bed, put it makes the room sway more.

"No," I mutter.  "I'm not gonna sleep with you."

"Tris," Tobias says in an exasperated tone.  "I'm not sleeping.  You are."

"Oh," I say.  "Okay."  I climb onto the bed and curl up with no blankets on.  My head still hurts, but it's better when I close my eyes.

***

I wake up to vomit in the toilet, then I go back to bed.

***

I wake up again, but this time I'm very aware of where I am and what's going on.  

"Hey, Tris, you awake?" Tobias asks.  I turn and see him lying in bed next to me.

"I don't know," I mutter.  "Let me check."

"Well, you're back to your peppy self."

"Thanks, honey," I say sarcastically.

"No problem.  Now come on, you have to take your next pregnancy test."

"There's another?" I ask.

"Yes," he says.  "It's been a whole day, so the results should be absolutely clear.  I got the expensive one this time."

"Okay," I say.  He hands it to me, and we both wait for the results.