Chapter Twenty-Three

(A/N): THIS IS A SERIOUS FILLER CHAPTER. YOU DONT HAVE TO READ IF YOU DONT WANT TOO. THIS IS JUST TO HELP SO THAT I CAN GET INTO THE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS. BUT I WANNA HEAR YOUR GUESSES... WHAT DO YOU THINK THE BAY'S SEX WILL BE? I TRULY AM SORRY EVERYONE. I LOVE YOU (NO CREEPSTA)! THANK YOU <3

Alex's POV:

I woke up around 11 AM to get ready for my doctors appointment. I showered and cooked breakfast, then went to wake up Niall since he wanted to come with me.

How am I going to do this? Should I throw water on him? Blow an air horn in his ear?

My eyes scanned the room for ideas on how to wake Niall up. With nothing coming to mind I decided I'd just do it the old fashioned way...

I prepared myself like a cat, then pounced onto the bed. I landed right on Niall's waist. I laughed as Niall shot straight up in bed, almost hitting my head with his.

"What the hell?!" He shouted.

"Good morning?" I smiled innocently.

Niall rubbed his eyes and flipped his hair out of his face. He looked me in the eyes and chuckled, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on my chest.

"You're lucky I love you." Niall spoke in his raspy morning voice.

"And that I didn't hit you in the face." Niall mumbled, leaning back and stretching his arms.

I chuckled and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Breakfast is downstairs. Get your ass moving!" I pushed Niall out of bed, smacking him on the bum as he stood up and walked away.

"Geez, someones fiesty this morning." Niall shook his head, winking at me as he walked towards the bathroom in his boxers.

"Damn right I am." I whsipered to myself.

~

After Niall and I ate breakfast and got dressed, we hopped in the car to go to the doctors. I was so nervous but so excited.

"I'm excited." Niall smiled widely, taking my hand in his.

"Me too. I just hope nothing goes wrong this time." I said sadly, thinking of the child we lost not too long ago.

"I promise you, everything will be alright. I'll be by your side the entire time. No way are we losing our baby." Niall said sternly.

I nodded my head in a form of thanks.

We arrived at the doctors office after a short car ride. Niall and I went to the front desk to check in. We then sat down and waited to be called.

"I hear the first check up, they clamp open your vageegee or something." I whispered in Niall's ear.

"Wha- Alex that's gross. Why'd you tell me that?!" Niall grimaced, but also gave a small laugh.

"I don't know. I just did."

"Well, let's just hope that that's a myth."

If only.

~

"Well, everything looks good down there." The doctor stood up straight.

"Oh, ha... Great." I smiled nervously, in quite an uncomfortable position.

I was dressed in a sort of hospital gown. My legs were spread open so the doctor could... Y'know... "Do his thing". Niall was sitting beside me, staring at the wall.

"Niall?" I whisper-shouted.

"Niall!?" I tapped his shoulder lightly.

"NIALL!" I smacked him across the face.

"What?" He looked over at me.

"Can you ask him to take the clamps out of my-"

"No, sorry. I will not do that." Niall shook his head.

I groaned internally at the uncomfortableness of it all.

Why hadn't they done this during the first pregnancy?!

"You may be wondering why we didn't do this for your first pregnancy." The doctor read my mind.

"We kind of suspected there was something going on when you reported those symptoms of stomach cancer. The ultrasound was merely just to see if there was something going on." The doctor explained.

"This would have happened eventually." He gestured to my open legs.

"I see." I nodded my head.

He removed the metal appliance and cleaned everything up. (A/N: yeah it's gross. Suck it up <33)

"We can't determine the baby sex just yet, but we know how far along you are,"

That's no fun.

"You are approximately 8 weeks pregnant. Only another twenty-some weeks left." The doctor smiled.

"Why so long?" I fake pouted.

"Well, in order for the-"

"I know, I was kidding." I chuckled, honestly not wanting a long explination as to why a pregnancy is 9 months and stuff.

"When do you think we'll be able to find out the sex?" Niall asked, the mortified look still on face, just not as much as before.

"Probably another month or so. I'd say in the third to fourth month." The doctor answered, removing his rubber gloves and putting them in the trash.

"Do you think the baby will be healthy?" I asked.

"Yes, as far as we know. Come back in a month and we'll do an ultrasound." The doctor nodded his head.

"Sweet."