15. BURGERS AND BALLS

After sleeping for most of the day because of major jet lag that the boys and I got, we decided to try and go see the city at night.

"Do they have karaoke bars in Chicago?" Bambam asked. "Probably not but I don't know. Let's do something that is more American since we are here." Jackson said.

     We walked on the streets where it was pretty vacant. It was Monday night after all so everybody is at home for work or school tomorrow.

     "Let's eat here!" Mark said pointing to a burger place that looked very good. "Araso." We all agreed and walked in. "Wahhh this menu is huge! But I can't understand it." Jinyoung laughed as we were seated and handed menus. I helped him choose his food while Mark and Jackson helped the others.

     "Can I get the classic?" I asked the waitress. "Sure! And for you?" She asked Jaebum. "Classic please." "I think we all want the classic." Mark laughed. The waiter laughed writing all the orders down and taking our menus.

     "Are you guys gunna try learning English while you are here?" I asked them. Youngjae started laughing and said "Hi-hehehe. My name is Youngjae. How are you?" sounding like a robot.

     "Is that all you know?" I asked giggling. He looked down to his lap and mumbled "Maybe."

    "It's alright. The fans will teach you while you are up on stage." Jackson said, slinging an arm around him. "Yea and I'll try to teach you guys too." I said.

     "How did you learn English, Noona?" Yugyeom asked. "Well, when my Dad was studying it in his office, I would over hear and pick up some words and phrases. Later on, I was mostly self taught because I don't take directions from people easily so it's better for me to learn by myself."

     "So that's why you boss around and give other people directions?" Jaebum laughed. "Exactly!" We all laughed and then the food came out.

     "That was fast." Bambam commented. "This look so good!" Mark said, chomping down a bite of his burger. "America's burgers are so much better than Korean's." I said, shoving a fry down my mouth.

     "You have something there." Jaebum said pointing to the corner of my mouth. "Oh. Gomawo!" I said, quickly rubbing it off with a napkin. "Hye Mi! That was the part where I kissed you to get it off!" He whined.

     I snorted and said "Sorry, Oppa. I didn't know you were cheesy like that." I said kissing his cheek. "All better now!" He smiled like a little boy again. "Awww. How cute!" Jackson said while Yugyeom and Bambam looked at each other to make puking motions.

     We finished our food and used the money that our manager gave us to pay. "Where to next?" Jinyoung asked. "How about there?" Jaebum suggested, pointing to a bowling alley.

     "Yea! Let's go!" Mark said giving me a piggyback ride and running. "Wait for us!" The other guys yelled, running after us. As we ran in, our clothes and shoes illuminated. "Wow it's glow in the dark." Youngjae said, feeling his clothes.

     We ordered our shoes, bowling balls, and lane. "We can play 2 games so let's split into teams." I suggested. "Araso. Let's play Rock Paper Scissors to decide." Bambam said.

     We all played each other, losers on one team and winners on the other. "Also, how about we make a bet. The losing team must sneak into the hotel pool at midnight and jump in." I said raising my eyebrows up and down.

     "And the person on the losing team that got the least amount of points most jump off the diving board and belly flop." Jaebum added in.

     "Deal?" I asked. "Deal!" They said at once. "Let's play boys." The first game was to warm up while the second was the real thing. Me, Yugyeom, Jinyoung, and Mark were on one team while Jaebum, Bambam, Youngjae, and Jackson were on the other.

    It was down to the last roll. We are neck and neck. My team has a total of 567 points while the other team had 575. I had to roll at least a 9 to win the game.

     "You got this." Yugyeom said rubbing my shoulders as I stood, holding the ball. He let go and I began to walk up, swinging my arm back, and releasing. The ball was right at the middle when it began to spin towards the right.

     "Please. Please" I whispered to myself. The pins fell, revealing 5 pins still standing up. "No!" I screamed, falling to the floor. The boys on my team did the same thing and dropped to their knees, holding their heads.

     "Hahaha! You lose! We win!" Jackson yelled and laughed, running around trying to rub their victory in our faces. I felt somebody's hands wrap around my waist, pulling me up.

     I looked up to see Jaebum with a smirk on his face. "Time to swim babe."

(Later)

     We made it back to the hotel and snuck into the pool. "Shhh! If we are too loud, they will catch us." Jinyoung shushed all of us as we walked in. The pool was huge and deep, with a massive diving board.

     "We are watching." Youngjae said leaning on the wall and recording with amusement in his eyes. I threw him a glare and walked to the edge of the pool.

     "Get ready!" Bambam announced. Next to me were Mark and Jinyoung. Yugyeom was waiting nervously on the side to jump later because he scored the least out of our team.

     "1, 2, 3, go!" Jackson yelled. We jumped from into the freezing water and resurfaced. "It's so cold!" Mark screamed. I was shivering too much to be able to talk.

      We got out and grabbed towels, wrapping ourselves in them. Now it's Yugyeom's turn. "Aww poor giant maknae." I said pouting.

     Jaebum laughed and put his arm around me. Yugyeom was standing at the edge of the diving board, shaking. "No backing out now!" Bambam laughed.

     "1, 2, 3, go!" We yelled. He jumped, getting major air. Then his giant body spanned out into a horizontal position, slapping into the water. "Oooh!" We all cringed, watching him.

     He resurfaced with a painful expression on his face. "Are you ok, what's wrong?" I quickly asked. "I forgot to protect my balls."

21 July 17