Prologue

(Edit: Ok pretty much (just as written in the description) I'm rewriting some chapters (not all cuz that's crazy man). I didn't really like how the prologue was written so I redid it. Don't worry I didn't remove any major events, just changed up some stuff and removed other details.)

TW: abuse, self-harm, self-deprication

-------------------------------------------------------

I whimper as Hollis and her friends pushed me around, pulling on my hair, and grabbing my arms. Bet those are going to become bruises. The tearing sound of papers echo throughout the hallway. Was that my sketchbook?

My body hits the hard pavement and everything became a blur of red and white as tears streamed down my cheeks. A throbbing, rhythmic pulse pounds inside my head.

Cold-hearted chuckles come from Hollis. "You're such a worthless piece of sh**." She kicks me in shin and rubs the tip of her heel into me.

"Honestly I seriously don't understand how someone like you should even exist." The bully spats. "You don't belong anywhere."

One of her friends roughly pulls me up against a locker, holding my neck. I struggle against her grip, pleading with my eyes for mercy. But was only returned with a merciless and cold gaze.

Hollis came up toward me with a sinful grin playing on her lips. "You know where you belong b***h?" She brings up a small pocket knife toward my face. It feels cold against my cheek.

"You belong in a grave. Dead." Her demonic eyes pierce through my e/c orbs. My body trembles. "H-help.." my voice comes out hoarse.

The demon queen snickers and turns toward her friends as they join in. "Aw poor little Y/n is crying for help." She then glares at me. "This little whore!"

Hollis rams the knife into my thigh causing me to let out a bloodcurdling scream. "S**t Hollis! Why'd you do that?!" The girl who was holding me releases me from her grasp.

I fall to the cold tile floor with a thud, clutching my wound, and leaning back against the locker. The pain engulfs my senses. I can hardly tell what's happening in my surroundings.

Before I can do anything Hollis kicks my head and I hit the hard locker behind me. My head throbs in a painful pulse once more, but only worse. Everything around me seems to darken, as if there's a vignette filter in my vision, and I begin to lose consciousness.

A voice shouts across the hall and moments later I hear someone near me. "Y/n can you hear me? Y/n?"

Everything fades away in an instant.

~Time skip~

I hear muffled and distant voices around me as I begin gaining consciousness.

"What are you going to do with those three?" A woman's voice asks.

"I'll have a talk with the principle and their parents. Their behavior was unacceptable and I'm pretty sure they'll be suspended," A second voice replies. Their voice is deep and slightly raspy.

As I open my eyes something wet lays atop my forehead, as well as scratchy bandages wrapped around my head. With a pounding head I inspect the room I'm in. It's white walls reflect the light that glares into my eyes. I wince. A clock ticks in the center of the room next to a white cabinet.

I groaned slightly and forcing myself to sit up but my aching pulled be back down. Grunting, I plop back onto the bed. Soft footsteps hurry their way into the room.