Chapter 8: Waterfall

A/N: I honestly don't really have much to say in this AN but onto the chapter. Enjoy!

(play the music above during this chapter to get into the feel of it :) )

--------------------------------------------------------------

"We're here kid," I open my eyes to see beautiful blue flowers surrounding us. The whole atmosphere around us is in a calm aqua hue. There are streams of water around and along the paths. I stand here speechless.

    Sans chuckles. "I had a feeling you'd like it,"

    "This place is so beautiful and amazing," The scenery is breathtaking  especially with a soft twinkling melody playing in the background and the aqua hue around the flowers. "Where are we anyway? And what are those flowers?" I point toward a patch of flowers.

    "We're in a place called Waterfall and those flowers are called echo flowers, they repeat what you say" Sans simply replies.

He goes near one of the flowers. "Follow me," he gently grabs my hand. I hear the echo flower repeat "follow me". My eyes widen in amazement. I hear Sans chuckle.

    "Where are we going Sans?" I ask, allowing him to guide me.

    "You'll see," He glances back to me with a smile on his face. I raise a questioning eyebrow. Sans chuckles. This makes me giggle along with him.

    We stop in front of a cave entrance. "I'm going to have to ask you to close your eyes," Sans says. I don't bother questioning why and do what I'm told.

    How can you be sure that he won't hurt you? You never know what he's capable of.

    My stomach turns at the thought and I feel some anxiety creep in. I trust him enough to know that he wouldn't hurt me. I'm sure of it.

    I doubt that.

    "You can open your eyes now," I uncover my eyes looking around and noticing the same flowers from before.

    "Look up Y/n," Sans says.

    I look up and my eyes widen in amazement. Stars? The ceiling is covered in what look like stars. They're so beautiful.

    "Wow," I whisper out with my mouth agape. "I never thought I'd ever be able to see something as beautiful as this,"

    "Now you have," Sans whispers beside me. He lays down on a patch of grass and I follow with. I take in this breathtaking view, not being able to get enough of it.

    "Sans?" I hear the skeleton hum in response, indicating that he's listening. "What are these anyway?"

    "I guess you can say that these are "stars", but they're really just stones," he explains.

    "Very beautiful stones," I breath out. I hear Sans mumble something. "Did you say something Sans?"

    "N-no, uh, I didn't," He responds, shifting a bit. I shrug it off.

    I bet he said something horrible about you under his breath. Something along the lines of "why did I bring her here? She's not worth my time,".

    No. He wouldn't say something like that. Right? I feel myself tense up at the thoughts. My breathing shallows a bit.

Just calm down Y/n, Sans wouldn't have brought you here in the first place if you weren't worth his time.

    Keep telling yourself that, maybe one day you'll cover the bitter truth with your sweet lies and ignorance. We both know that's not true.