Chapter 15: Old Greetings

A/n: honestly I had no freaking clue how to name this chapter without spoiling it.
-------------------------------------------------------

The crunching noise of snow underneath my feet fills the atmosphere around me. A cold wind blows against my frail body as I walk along the paths of snowy areas.

It's really nice out.

I stop in my tracks and look up, observing the snow fall. A puff of air escapes my mouth when I let out a deep and heavy sigh. The wind howls once more against me as I watch the green pine trees sway, specks of snow flying off and away into the distance or onto the ground.

I close my eyes and relax, taking in everything around me. My mind is blank for once and all I can comprehend is the snowy environment. Nothing is abis. Only peaceful.

Y/n.......on't.......serve......ive.

Something scratches my ear. I open an eye to notice no one beside me. Must be the wind. I shrug it off.

I continue trudging my way along the snowy path ahead of me.

YoU shOulD.......ieeee.

My feet stop in there tracks and there's a pit feeling in my stomach. Something doesn't feel right.

I glance around me only to notice tiny specks of black floating from the forest. My heart pounds in my ears when I turn around fully to examine the specks. A small piece lands on my hand. This looks familiar.

The speck dissolves in my hand. I close my palm.

The wind howls once more. It reminds me of a wolf that would howl toward a full moon, alone and away from its pack, something I'd hear often on the surface.

As bits of anxiety spark throughout my body I turn away from the forest feeling myself slightly on edge. I quicken my pace attempting to get away from whatever my anxiety is warning me about.

After a few minutes I've come to notice the same black specks on the ground. They look like ashes on the white snow. I stop in my tracks.

"Ok this is getting weird," I squat down and reach to examine the specks.

An intense painful burning sensation shocks my hand the moment I touch the black specks.
"Ah crap!" I shout out a cry. On reflex tears stream from my eyes due to the pain. I hold onto my hand massaging it gently, trying to soothe it.

Soft footsteps are heard behind me. I feel my body freeze and it feels as though someone is staring hard into my back. My heart pounds loudly in my mind as the footsteps approach me.

W-wha-

"Greetings Y/n," a voice says behind me as the footsteps stop simultaneously. The hairs on my neck stand up as I recognize the voice. I clutch my palms. It can't be.

"Now that's not how you greet someone you know." I can practically hear the grin on their face. "Turn around friend,"

I turn myself around hesitantly to reveal a child. They seem to be around Frisk's age and resemble them a lot as well. What seems to be an "innocent" grin plays on their lips.

"W-who are you?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows slightly.

They chuckle. "It's pretty funny how you don't recognize me. So let me introduce myself, once more. My name is Chara," Their grin widens as they take a small step toward me. "Chara Dremmur,"

I swallow down the lump in my throat. Are they... I take a shaky breath. "Are you t-the one who was in my dreams?" My palms sweat and tremble inside my hoodie.