Chapter 4: Haunting Past

A/N: I've realized I've been updating almost everyday. It's just that I'm very excited to write this fanfic. I have so much planned and I really want to show you guys. I know I've just started this around a week or so ago maybe less  but I really enjoy writing this. Especially since it's summer vacation I'm able to write all day long. Anyhow there are some offensive-ish words (nothing like b*****, ***t, etc.) there's no triggering actions either. Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sans POV

Y/N smiles a small smile and I grin back. Her smile is beautiful and I can tell that this smile is genuine. She closes the bathroom door and I head downstairs hearing the shower turn on.

Being the lazy skeleton that I am I slump onto our couch. My grin turned into a frown, recalling the event that happened. "Panic attack huh?"

So Y/N seems to have some sort of anxiety. My sweat drops as I think about other disorders she may have. It's not right for me to guess her disorders. I scoff at my thoughts. "As if I never had my own,"

The clock ticks on. It's been 20 minutes already. I become a bit concerned. My guess is that humans take longer showers than monsters, but that shouldn't be too big of a difference. I shrug it off and close my eyes, falling into a dream state.

~Time Skip 40 minutes~

I open my eyes and realize that I've fallen asleep. Looking at the clock I see that about 40 minutes passed. I stood up from the couch and looked around for Y/N. The kitchen is empty and I don't hear any movement coming from upstairs. I check my bedroom and Y/N isn't there either.

My concern and anxiety grows as I walk to the bathroom door, hands in pockets. I knock on the door, "Y/N? Are you ok in there? You've been in the bathroom for about an hour now,"

"Yeah I'm okay," I hear her respond. I sigh in relief, glad that nothing seemed to have happen to her. "Just give me a few more minutes and I'll come out,"

"Okay," I walk away from the door and stop at the top of the staircase. I should watch over her, I feel like there's more than just anxiety.

After a few minutes pass I hear the bathroom door open and footsteps walk. Another door opens then closes. I'll let her rest for now and I'll check up on her later. I sigh and lay back lazily onto the couch, covering my face with my hoodie, falling to sleep.

Y/N POV

Dropping my backpack I inspect the room. Sans's room is a big mess, just like me, and his bed isn't made either. There's a sock pile in the corner of the room and a small tornado filled with random stuff in the other. As a neat freak this bothers me. A lot. I sigh trying to ignore it as I make his bed. Did I mention there is also a treadmill in the middle of the room?

After making Sans's bed I lay on it and take his pillow, hugging it. I take in its smell, it reminds me of Sans when he held me. Wait, why am I hugging Sans's pillow? And why did I smell it?!

My face turns hot as hug the pillow tighter, not realizing what I'm doing. I think about the skeleton, how he makes me feel, how he treated me. Even though we've just met he feels so familiar. But seriously why does he make me feel so calm and safe? He makes me feel like I have a.... Friend.

I smile at the thought of being friends with someone like Sans. A yawn escape my mouth as I cuddle with the pillow more. My hair covers part of my face, I don't bother moving it as I fall asleep.