Chapter 5: Leap of "Faith"

A/N: I'm really glad I know people who like this fanfic. That really keeps me writing and keeps me encouraged. I just wanna say thank you (you know who you are). 
¡Image above belongs to me!

TW: suicide attempt

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My face is greeted with a cold breeze but I ignore it. At this point no weather can stop me from my "walk". I chuckle a half heart laugh and continue my way. Since I don't really know where the gate to the ruins is I might as well ask around town. I notice a rabbit walking with a stroller but she doesn't seem like someone who would go to the ruins. Maybe I can find someone else.

My ears became cold to the point where I wore my hoodie. I notice a dog wearing armor standing in front of a building called "Grillby's". "Excuse me? Mr. Dog? Do you happen to know the way to the ruin doors?" The dog looks down on me and just barks, "Boof boof,"

"I'm sorry, I don't understand you," I shake my head, feeling slightly disappointed.

The dog whimpers a bit, sticking out his tongue, "Boof boof,"

I let out a soft chuckle and scratch behind the dog's ear. He boofs, his tail swishing around happily. A small smile spreads on my face. "It's alright I'll just ask someone else,"

"Boof boof!" the dog tugs on my sleeve and starts leading me out of town. After a long way of puzzles and other dogs with armors, we make it to Sans's sentry post. I thank the dog with a rub on his head. The dog boofs happily and runs back to Snowdin.

My smile falls as I turn toward the gates where the bridge stands. The bridge where I met Sans. The reason why I felt little hope today. Now there's no hope.

Do it. I know you want to. Just end it, no one will care with your abscence.

Pink fingers dig into my hoodie pocket as I take slow steps toward the bridge, head down. A small tear slides on my cheek. No one cares. I should just die. There's no hope.

Another tear slides down.

I trip over a rock and fall face forward. More tears fall. My heart and soul grow empty and numb. I stand up, my legs shaking with anxiety. Why was I given a second chance? So I could hope that I wouldn't be treated the same as before? Well fat chance. Despite everyone's kindness they only do this out of pity toward me.

Yes that's right, it's all because of pity.

My feet carry themselves toward the side of the bridge. I look down, seeing no end to the bottom. Free fall.

One of my feet hovers off the bridge. I place it back down and sit onto the hard, cold wood. A half-hearted depressed laugh escapes my throat. I guess this is it? This is how my life ends.

I stare down the ravine again. Why do I feel reluctance? This is what I want right?

Yes. It is what you want.

Now jump.

I jump, free falling into the darkness.

Sans POV

I wake up to feel coldness, like something's missing. More like someone. I glance over to where Y/N lay. Maybe she woke up before me and went downstairs?

When getting out of bed I see that Y/N's hoodie is gone. A wave of anxiety rises inside. She probably just got cold. There's no need to worry. I shake off the anxiety.