Chapter 13: A Walk to Remember

A/N: First off I want to apologize for the late chapter again. This chapter  turned out twice as long as any other chapters (counting the minimum for each chapter is 1500 words). I hope you enjoy it!

Man just oh my goodness, this chapter took so flippin long. My eyes are officially dead tired.

-----------------------------------------------------

Y/n POV

We teleport home. Home. I guess this is what I call it now?

I stumble slightly when we arrive but Sans quickly steadies me. "Careful there kiddo,"

I feel my face blush from the contact. "Thank you," My body is pressed against his slightly with his bony hands lightly gripping my shoulders.

Sans's cheek bones are tinted with a blue hue. He realizes what he's doing and let's go of me. "Sorry." His hand grabs the back of his neck.

"I-it's alright," I avert my eye contact from his in embarrassment. "I'm going to go put my stuff away,"

I reach for my stuff and Sans hands me my backpack. "Sure kid, I'll be downstairs when you're done,"

I nod before heading upstairs. Papyrus's door is closed when I reach the second floor. I stop in front of it. I wonder if Papyrus is home right now. I shrug it off and walk to Sans's room.

Opening the door I notice that everything remained the same, nothing changed. The bed is sorta made with the covers tucked in on the corners but still left messy. I guess Sans didn't bother making the bed. I mean if he was there with me this whole time it's unlikely he would've bothered.

I sigh, setting down my backpack back to its original spot and walk to fix up the bed. The bandages scratch against my sweater as I make it. A pang of guilt aches in my chest. I caused everyone to worry about me. I didn't want anyone to feel hurt. Why did I do that again? Why am I like this? Why does my life have to be this way?

I sit down onto the bed and bring my hands up toward my face. Loneliness engulfs my soul. I won't ever live normally. This depression and these thoughts will kill me. Why can't I just be happy? Is that too much to ask for?

My throat burns and I feel my eyes on a brink of tears. Come on now, don't cry Y/n. You don't want to look like a crybaby now do you?

I'm able to fight back my tears as I take deep breaths. I should head downstairs to Sans now, I've been up here for a while and he might worry.

The mattress creaks slightly when I stand up. I walk toward the door exiting it. As I make my way downstairs I notice Sans standing near the front door talking to Frisk. I can't make out what they're saying and they stop talking when I reach the end of the stairs.

They both look nervous when they see me. I cock an eyebrow at them, opening my mouth to ask what they were talking about but decide to dismiss it. I can ask Sans later.

"H-hey kiddo." Sans stuttered, his hands were in his pockets as usual. It seems as if he's nervous about something. That's weird. He clears his throat. "You ready to go?"

My head tilts to the side as my brows furrow together. "What? Wait where?"

His brows rise up in realization. "I must've forgot to tell ya." He leans lazily up against the wall beside the door. "I was thinkin we could go to Waterfall for a walk, thought you'd like to see everything there," Sans explains.

"Oh, ok uh let me just fix up my hair really quickly then we can go, is that ok?" I ask, twirling my fingers around each other nervously. Hope he doesn't mind the wait.