Chapter 20: Hangout at Grillby's

A/N: Alright I know I said I'd update next week buuuuuuuut I decided to go through the hell of formatting everything just so you guys can read this chapter sooner. I'm actually pretty proud and happy with the way it turned out and I really really REALLY hope ya guys enjoy it.

Happy reading!!!!!

Also (completely off topic) but has anyone listen to the song "My R"??? I think it's by Vocaloid. Anyway I found it recently and I fell in love with it immediately!!!! Really recommend it

=============================

"So you've been reliving the same events over and over?"

The tired skeleton rubs the back of his neck. "Well not necessarily events...but yeah,"
I sit there, taking in this information about timelines and resets. So Frisk can reset? Does that mean if I died- I shake my head quickly. No don't think that.

"Wait...."

"What is it?" Sans was sitting against his mattress during the time he explained everything involving Chara and Frisk.

"Has there...has there been a timeline where.... how do I put this?" I take a while to find my words.

Sans patiently waits for me.

"Have you met me in previous timeline?"
He takes a moment to answer. "No, this is the first timeline I've met you in but.....it feels....wrong,"

I blink in confusion. "What do you mean by wrong?"

Sans shakes his head lightly, looking to the side and fixing his gaze onto a random spot on the carpeted flooring. "Not wrong but....." He scowls in spite of himself. "Sorry I phrased this weirdly." His gaze looks back at me, the scowl changing into a more apologetic look. Why apologetic? "I do admit that it is the first time I've seen you in a timeline, but it feels as though I've met you before,"

"Hmm," I hug tighter the pillow that I've held during this conversation. It's weird thinking this but what Sans said is relatable in a way. Well not relatable but more like....similar?

A moment of silence passes between us.

"I know, it's very weird, and possibly even unbelievable to an extent; but I really do feel like we've met before." His orbs meet mine. "Especially since you feel so damn familiar to me." He then breaks our eye contact and stares onto the floor again. "I sound like a crazy bonehead don't I?" He mumbles.

We share another silent moment.

"If...if you say you're crazy then that makes me crazy too,"

Sans whirls a confused gaze up to me again. "What do you mean by that sweetheart?"

"I- uh.. w-well what I mean is.... uh.... well..... This may sound funny but..... I feel the same. I-I mean you feel familiar to me also." My cheeks flush up.

Sans's "eyebrows" (bonebrows? I should ask him) raise up with surprise but then his expression softens with a gentle smile, his brows relaxing simultaneously. "Heh, I never would've expected you to say that,"

Not a moment later cool, boney fingers interlapse with mine. I smile and scoot closer to the skeleton. Our shoulders are now touching as I rest my head on him, feeling that familiar security and comfort.

Sans's thumb gently caresses my knuckles in a calming manner. Never in a million years would I have imagined myself feeling safe with a skeleton. Let alone fall for one!! It's funny how life works. Though life hasn't been too nice to me for most of the time I've spent up on the surface. Before it always seemed like it was purposefully trying to get rid of me.