Chapter 12: Hope

A/N: Sorry for the short updates but here's another chapter, hope you enjoy!

----------------------------------------

Sans POV

I look up toward the clock hanging on the wall. 3:17 am. It's been an hour since Y/n gained consciousness. I can't help but worry about that episode she had.

My left hand rests under my chin while I hold Y/n's hand with my right. I stroke the top of her hand gently, admiring her. The dim light coming from the lamp on the table across the room casts a shadow on her. She looks so peaceful when she's sleeping.

A small smile forms on my skull. I hope that someday she'll see just how much everyone loves her. How much I love her.

"Y/n, I love you," my voice is a hushed whisper. Everything is silent as my confession echoes quietly throughout the room.

The only noise that fills up the silence comes from the ticking of the clock. Along with the beeping from the monitors beside Y/n.

A small yawn escapes my mouth. I haven't slept in days. Even when I have, I've encountered non stop nightmares about Y/n. Flashbacks of seeing her hurt and dead haunt me. Being unable to save her I felt helpless, even if they were just dreams.

I shake my head from the thoughts. Stop. Those weren't real. I glance over at her again. Her h/l, h/c lays messily atop her head. Bandages cover both her arms. I only wish I stopped her sooner.

Another yawn leaves my mouth, causing me to close my eye sockets. A little nap won't hurt. I lay my upper body down onto the bed while never letting go of Y/n's hand. A small smile appears on my face as I made a silent promise to myself, something I never do. I promise I'll protect you and never leave you.

I drift away into sleep.

~Time skip brought to you by Mettaton's leg *insert hot leg( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)*~

The sound of shuffling wakes me up. My eye sockets slowly drift open to reveal Y/n's face looking down at me. There's that beautiful smile of hers greeting me.

"Good morning Sans, did you sleep well?" She asks.

I smile sweetly at her. "I guess you can a-rest me for sleeping so well," I wink at her with my pun.

Her face falls into a are you kidding me look. A chuckle escapes me, my body shaking slightly. "Come on it wasn't that tear-able." I take out a piece of paper from my pocket and tear it.

Y/n's e/c eyes widen at me. "Are you kidding me Sans? It's too early for this!"

"Admit it, that was a real rib tickler." I'm already sitting up in my chair.

"Sans no!" She covers her face with a pillow.

At this point I'm laughing. How cute.

"How have you slept kiddo?" I ask, changing the subject.

"I've actually slept good for the first time in a while," She replies softly. H/c strands of locks cover some of her face but she pushes them away.

"That's good." I glance up toward the clock. 10:25 am. We should get going soon. I should also tell Frisk about her birthday today, maybe they can ask everyone to help set up a small party for her.

"Sans?"

"Huh? Yeah?" I bring myself out from my thoughts.

"I was asking you how everyone has been while I was... away," She says. For some reason she looks embarrassed asking this.