Chapter 31

James's POV

"Okay, so I will say, I have feelings for you as well," those words coming out of Payton's mouth made my heart skip a beat. Then my mind chimed in about how it would have to be a long distance relationship. Even though we have had a long distance friendship so it shouldn't be that much more difficult.
"Okay, I'm really happy right now," I said laughing a little bit awkwardly "so are we together or?"
"I mean if you asked me to be your girlfriend I wouldn't say no" she said.
"Well then should I ask?"
"YES" everyone besides the two of us shouted, and Mason was still pretending to eat popcorn, what even are my band members.
"Well that's up to you bro" Payton said to me.
"Okay, Payton, will you be my girlfriend?" I stuttered out.
"I did say I wouldn't say no...so yes, I will be your girlfriend" she said as she walked closer to me giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
"gUYS SHE SAID YES" I screamed as a spur of the moment thing.
"Dude, we know we literally watched your awkward self ask her to be your girlfriend" Luna said. I walked over to her and started tickling her for that remark." Stop STOP"
"Not until you say "James is the best member of the band and he's my favorite person ever" I told her over the sound of her laughter.
"But Payton's my favorite person ever" she said pouting.
"Well I can live with that now just tell me I'm the best in the band"
"Okay. James is the best member of the band but Masons still my favorite" she said.
"She did say what you said, she just adding things" Luke said to defend her. Sadly he was right.
"You're a monster" Luna told me and "punched" my arm.
"Oh well. Anyway you wanna ride this thing with me" I said pointing to a roller coaster that was right next to us.
"YEAH! We gonna ride together or do you want to ride with Payton?" Luna said wiggling her eyebrows when she said "Payton".
"Okay four people can ride, Payton can sit on one end, I can sit next to her, you can sit next to me and whoever else you want to sit with can sit at the other end" I explained how we could go on.
"MASON" she screamed.
"What's up?" He asked. Did he seriously not hear the conversation we had five feet away from him?
"You didn't hear the conversation James and I had literally right next to you?" Great minds think alike.
"Nope, was too busy. Still in shock Jayton has sailed"
"Okay me too but you're going on that"she said pointing "with Jayton and I"
"So Jayton is our ship name?" I asked.
"Yes now shush the moose hasn't told me if he'll go on with us or not" was her response.
"Yeah, I'll totally go on with you guys, just lead the way" Mason said.
"LETS GO" Payton who has been waiting patiently screamed.
   We all walked into the queue and waited the 25 minute wait time to get on. I put my arms around Luna and Payton as we were on the ride, pulling them closer anytime one of them screamed because I can. I saw Mason put his arm around Luna and she just looked at both of us and kind of sighed while smiling. I'm so glad we adopted her, and if it wasn't for her I never would've asked Payton to be my girlfriend. Today's been a great day, well after Noah did what he did but that's another story.