Chapter 36

Luke's POV

   After I stormed off to my room I laid down and just stared at the ceiling for awhile. I don't know what came over me, I don't know why I said all that stuff. I love Luna I really do. It's hard to be perfect though, and that's what everyone wants from me. I think I just burst from all my efforts failing. I messed up big time though. There's no excuse, small mistakes here and there can be excused. Not this though. I need to talk to someone.
*ring**ring*
"Hello?" Colls voice filled my ear and it calmed me down a bit.

"Hey Coll, do you have time to talk?"

"Yeah sure, what do you need?"

"So I made a big mistake and I want to apologize but I don't think everyone will except it and I've already called the place"

"They will trust me they love you and the orphanage?"

"You think? And yep,
tomorrow is when it's gonna happen and I can't fix that. James said he's gonna adopt her though"

"I know. Omg well at least it's not gonna be the last time you see her"

"Oh speaking of Luna...we're apparently half siblings"
"But her and Noah"

"It was awkward as heck"

"Wow, okay. Hey Luke I've gotta go now, but I'll talk to you again soon love you"
"Love you too, bye"

"Bye"
*beep*
   Will I ever tell her I love her more than in a platonic way? I hope so. Anyway I need to go downstairs and apologize. Is it too soon? Maybe. Does it need to be done? Yes.
   I go back downstairs to see my band and family playing Pictionary. They look like they're having so much fun, I wish I was part of it.
   "Luke you can come join, if you're going to be nice. We don't mind, we still love you. We just hate the way you acted" Luna says. I guess I looked like how I felt.
   "You sure you guys are okay with me joining?"
  "Yeah!" Everyone says

   "You can be on my team!" Luna exclaims.
   "Thanks" how are they so forgiving. I could learn a thing or two from them.
   After 12 rounds of Pictionary, Noah and mom winning all of them, we just started talking.
   "Hey guys, I'm sorry I acted like a total douche, I wish I could take back everything I said and did. I don't hate you guys at all, if that's the impression you got, I actually really love you guys. You are my best friends, and my best baby sister"
   "Aww Luke, even though I'm your only baby sister but"
   "We love you too Luke, you're always welcome back in the band even if we have arguments like what we just did" thanks James.
   "Also I apologize, I called the orphanage yesterday and I can't undo what I did now, James it's up to you, because Mason probably wants to be with my sister now that my brother can't. If you hurt her though, consequences"
   "I won't I promise" James and Mason say at the same time. Wow.
   "It's okay Luke. I know you really care about me, as well as you Noah. I'm not over it completely over it but I forgive you" Luna is so forgiving wow.
   After all that emotionally draining conversation we all went to the living room and cuddled while watching scary movies and having popcorn fights to distract ourselves from being scared. We also learned Noah and Luna don't like scary movies so they hid under blankets and cuddled. It was cute. This is the happy family I wanted Luna to be in. It started out that way and now it's going to end that way.