(The slip of the tongue)

Their school was only a walking distance from the Monroe's home while in the next street was the Montrey's home was located too. The next day as they were walking home with their maid, CJ suddenly saw Chuck with his siblings. It was his chance to finally have his revenge on his sister for turning off the TV yesterday.

    "Heeeey Chuck Ü, may sasabihin ako sayo." (*I'll tell you something) He put his arms around him. Chuck look at Cassandra, "Hi Miss Sungit!" (*Hi Ms. Snob) he teased her.

     Cassy rolled her eyes and ignored him. But then she saw her brother whispering something to Chuck, so she made a run for it. After 5 minutes, Chuck caught up with her. "Hey Miss Sungit!" he called; she glanced at him while he was trying to catch up to her.

     "UGH! SHUT UP!" she said defensively in her embarrassment. She could've gladly throttled CJ for being annoying. Later, you lil'brat is soooo dead with me! She thought. In her humiliation and panic, she didn't notice the gutter, so when she crossed the street, she fell on her knees bleeding. Chuck was on the other street. He momentarily stopped his teasing when he saw her hurt. "CASSY!" he shouted with concern for the first time in their lives. "SHUT UPPP!" she screamed and ran towards her house.

     The moment CJ got home, Cassandra immediately grabbed a hold of his hair in anger. They had a huge fight but their mother stopped them when she walked into the living room, seeing her kids having a rumble.

     "What in the heaven's name is going on?!" their mother demanded. Cassandra burst in tears, "Mommy! CJ told my secret to Chuck!" Mrs. Monroe looked at CJ, who looked as guilty as hell. "Why did you do that CJ? That was horrible!" She reprimanded him. He didn't say anything, he knew he deserved it. It was low, even for him.

      "Say sorry to your ate. Dapat pino-protectahan mo ate mo, hindi yung dinidisgrasya mo siya sa iba! You both shouldn't hit each other!!! That's not good!" (*Apologize to your big sister, you should be protecting you sister, not putting her in danger) she said to her kids, they nodded grimly.

    CJ at first pouted. He did not relish the idea that much. And so did Cassy. Their mother frowned, "Cassy! CJ! Stop that. Apologize to each other now!"

CJ looked at his mom with appeal, "B-But mom!!! it's Ate Cassy's fault! Hers! She should not have told it to me in the first place." he rolled his eyes at his sister. Cassy sticked out her tongue.

Their mother had enough. "Children! You are siblings. And you both only have each other. So please, say you're sorry." she glared at her kids, trying her best to be authoritive as much as possible.

It worked though, CJ sighed and then hugged his sister, "Ate sorry." He said it with his puppy brown eyes. Cassy rolled her eyes, resigning to the inevitable, "Fine you ugly pants." She hugged him back. "Come on sweetie, let's clean your wound." Their mom kindly said.