Chapter 21 (The Lover's nest)

“Cassy, this is Crystal Sawyer; my co-actress for this new movie; My lover’s nest.” Chuck introduced her. Crystal looked like your typical Hollywood actress; tall, beautiful, elegant, sexy and had a seductive green eyes to go with it as well.

    She was wearing a white cocktail dress that exposed her breast and curves. Cassandra felt like a paper compared to her, who seemed oh so perfect. Oh and to make things worst, Cyrstal used to be Chuck’s ex-girl friend for a year. Heh! Kill me now! What am I compared to her?  For the first time in her life, Cassy felt insecure.

   Crystal kissed Cassy on the cheek, “Nice meeting you dear! I heard so much about you.” And she even smelled good. What the eff? “Yeah and I just used to watch your movies on the screen before. It’s an honor!” Cassy tried to give her a chance. Crystal seemed nice.

    “Well, we’ll see each other tomorrow on the set huh? This would be fun!” she squealed excitedly. And then Crystal was called.

     Chuck introduced Cassy to everyone. After the fiasco in Paris, he decided to expose Cassandra to his world so people would shut up already. He felt bad for what his fans did to her so he made a press conference saying he was officially courting her. So if his fans truly loved him, they got to love her too. And since it was Cassy’s summer break, he decided to take her with him in Hollywood.

     For awhile, James was really depressed. He didn’t even talk to Cassy whenever she called or come by to his house anymore. It was like he was drifting in his reality and hated everyone in it. But after a few months, he also fell in-love with his kid. That’s when he decided to study hard to graduate on time for the sake of rearing his child. Meanwhile, the more Chuck introduced Cassy to his world, the more she felt like she didn’t belong there; though how much she tried her best to be in his life.

    They were all having a grand breakfast together. It was always awkward for Cassy and James now since they shared mutual friends. Cassy tried being nice but James just ignored her completely. They were all suppose to be back in their countries for the summer, but since it was CJ’s birthday, he invited all of his friends to come along. He only invited James along because Abood and Bashar wouldn’t come without him. So even when Cassy was in Hollywood; she was still stuck with her brother and friends since they were all staying at Chuck’s mansion.  

    “CJ please pass me the rice.” James was sitting across Cassy. The rice was just right next to her but he preferred to ask CJ instead, that kind of burns. Cassy handed it to him but James only ignored her. She sighed and left it alone. He didn’t even glance at her. It was always like this now; ever since the day she dumped him.

    The driver arrived, fetching Cassy from Chuck’s mansion. She was taken to Chuck’s new movie; My Lover’s nest. It was still early in the morning. Everyone there was so busy. Someone gave her a plastic sunflower. She turned around and smiled. It was Chuck. He was wearing a plain red shirt and rip jeans again. He loved rip jeans. “Hi Cassy baby! Good morning. Sorry I’ve been so busy lately.” He held her hands as they went to the set together.

“Nah, it’s okay I understand.”

    “You know it’s a lovely day isn’t it? It would be lovelier though if wala dun si James sa bahay.” (wala “ “- if James isn’t there in the house) He pouted.

“Chuckie! That’s so mean!”

Chuck put on his innocent face, “What? I don’t like the guy!”

“But he used to be your best friend!” she argued.

“Key word “used to” ever since he became a jerk, I don’t like him anymore.”