Chapter 25 (Indifference is a dangerous enemy)

AN: Once again, I shall dedicate this to @Welc0meT0MyW0rld as promised.    

_______________________________________

 "Ha?" Chuck blinked unbelievably, couldn't believe what his ears are hearing. "It's been hard for me too. We shouldn't see each other anymore." She sighs.

    "You're joking right?" but knew she wasn't. He knew that expression so well, she really means it. He went towards her. "Cassy I didn't mean it. I was just so mad..."

   "But I do Chuck! I think we owe it to ourselves to find out what we truly feel for each other. It's unfair for you..." she said. He shook his head in disbelief. She held his face tenderly, "If we're meant to be, we're meant to be." She drowned herself in his beautiful gray eyes one last time. "I love you Cuckie doll..."

    He holds onto her hands, "Don't go Cassy! You just said I love you back too... please stay!" he begged. She kiss him on the cheek, "Goodbye Chuck."

    After that talked, she marched to James' house and slapped him, saying she never wanted to see his face again. "YOU KNOW, IF YOU HATED ME BEFORE, WELL... THE FEELINGS ARE NOW MUTUAL!!!" Cassy shouted. He tried apologizing saying he just did that because he didn't want to lose her. But it was too late, the damage has been done. She made a decision and it was final. For the fist time in her life, her heart turned cold against him.

   Later that week, Chuck, James and everybody else saw Cassy's press conference to clear her name. She looked deadly beautiful with her brown eyes lit up with anger and determination. She was wearing a simple white dress, a black pendant for her accessories and her hair was tied in a ponytail.

   "Miss Cassandra, what could you say about Chuck's fan's thrashing your parent's house in Kuwait after the fiasco?" a reporter asked.

   Cassy's expression turned glacier as she remembered her whole family's distress when they saw their house a wreck when the news spread about James and her and with when she dumped Chuck Morris. She has endured everything; beatings, insults and even death threats but including her family in it was the final straw.

   "To Chuck's fans please don't include my family in this. If you are truly Chuck Morris' fans then you should respect his decision. Don't include innocent people in your selfishness!"

"Miss Cassandra, how about James' kid. Is he yours?"

"Of course not!" she said indignantly.

"Are you still dating Chuck Morris?"

"No"

"How about James Greene?"

"No"

"Are you using this for your own career?"

   She became even colder, "Of course not!!! I'll be a great star someday but I would want to achieve it because of my own talent."

"Who's a better kisser, James or Chuck?"

   What the eff? She tried to compose herself. She's an actress, she had to stay calm through the storm. Even if she was offended, in truth the answer to that was Chuck but she ignored that question. It was none of their business.

"One last statement Miss Cassandra Monroe?"

    She faced the camera directly. This statement was meant for James and he knew it as well; "Inidfference is the strongest force in the universe. It makes everytging it touches meaningless. Love and hate don't stand a chance against it. At least when you hate, there must be a reason. It may even be rooted from loving too much. But with indifference, it's like your saying to a person; you're not even worth my time and emotion anymore. Get lost!" she smiled at the camera, and then followed her manager out. The cameras loved her. She was all over the news.