Chapter 04 (Meet Kevin Brooks!)

AN: Kuya: you call someone "kuya" if he's an older brother

Ate: Older sister

__________________________________________________ 

     After 2 years, she was now 14 years old & in her 2nd year highschool. To avoid the K-12 program, the Monroe kids & James transferred into another school—The Philipines International English School. She had a new crush & his name was Kevin Brooks, the school heartthrob. He was her batchmate & Helen's classmate last year. He was on the same basketball team with James. He was even on the mathlete club & was always on the academic award, and the best part was that he never even had a girlfriend yet.

         "Excited na ako for today, sana classmate ko si crush." (*I hope my crush would be my classmaet) Cassandra & Helen went on the nearest mall from their school to have their lunch. "Malalaman natin yan bukas, pag pumasok na siya." (*We'll know tomorrow, if he'll go to school) Helen replied. They bought a double cheeseburger with extra large French friens & chocolate milkshake.

      "Hi girls!" Mara, CJ & James sat with them. Mara was in the same year level with James who was now in their 4th year but James was retained so he was still a 3rd year student.

      "Kuya James may narinig ka pa kay Kuya Chuck?" (*Big bro James have you heard fom Chuck?) CJ asked hopefully. He missed his pal. James shook his head, "Ang tagal na niya hindi nagpaparamdam eh. Loko yun!" (*It's been quite  awhile since he contacted me. The jerk!) he ate a chunk full of his burger.

      "Eto naman kase si ate eh, hindi pa niya sinagot si Kuya Chuck, ayan tuloy!" (*It's Ate Cassy's fault for playing so hard to get) CJ teased, Cassy threw some French fries at her younger brother, "Magkaibigan lang kami noh!" (*We're just friends!)

   "Kaibigan or mag-KA-IBIGAN?" (*Friends or Lovers?) CJ teased her even more. Cassy rolled her eyes, "Whatever!"

        Kevin passed by with his friends. "Hi Helen!" he greeted Cassy's best-friend, she waved back. "Loko ka ah! Bakit hindi ka pumasok kanina?" (*You numskull! Why didn't you go to school awhile ago?) Helen asked out of curiosity. He was in his basketball outfit, he shrugged, messing his black hair. He didn't offer her any answer. Cassy could feel her cheeks turning red. He was actually talking to her, well it may not be directly to her, but at least it's as good as talking to her when he was talking to Helen. She could her wedding bells ringing. She was imagining Kevin waiting for her at the end of the altar, and as they were about to say their "I do's" Kevin snapped her back to reality.

        "Cassandra okay ka lang?" he asked, she looked like she wanted to kiss something in the air, she opened her brown eyes & saw everyone looking weirdly at her. She could feel the heat of embarrassment rising to her cheeks; her friends were trying their best not to laugh at her, in-front of Kevin. "Uhm, you were drooling kase." He commented. Why you're such an observant are you. OH MY GOSH!!! She turned even redder.

    It was one of her kill-me-now-moments. Kevin thought she was weird. "Uh sige, bye guys!" the moment he left, they all burst out laughing. "Kawawang Cass, nawala na nga lang si Chuck, napahiya ka nanaman sa ibang guy. Nag iimagine ka nanaman noh?" (*Poor Cass, now that Chuck is gone, you're being embarrassed to other guys again)  James tried to stop laughing, he couldn't breathe anymore. "Oh shut up kuya!" she grumbled.