ONE; THE GOD OF DEATH

(3x14)

(3x14)

   ANUBIS HAD BEEN ASLEEP FOR MORE THAN A THOUSAND YEARS. During the times of ancient Egypt, a group of witches had put him under a deep sleep, ever since then he had been taking people to the Underworld, after all, he was the God of death. But, more than a thousand years was enough, it was time for him to rise again. 

   Esther Mikaelson had prepared herself for this very day. The day she would awake Anubis to kill her children if she did not succeed. She was kept in a coffin for years by her son, Niklaus, who had killed her many moons ago. Anubis' body had been kept in secret, it somehow made its way to Mystic Falls which is where Esther needed it to be. 

   Esther stood above Anubis' body which was hidden inside an Egyptian coffin. Esther had gotten her ingredients for the complicated spell. After she had set up the ingredients, she lit a few candles that were set near her. Esther shut her eyes and placed her hands above the golden coffin, she started chanting in Latin, as she cast the spell, the wind around her picked up blowing her golden blonde curls and the candles that were near burned brighter than before. 

   Soon enough, the wind died down and the candles burned lower. Esther opened up the coffin, she fixated her eyes on Anubis who was still yet asleep. Then, his eyes burst open, they glowed a golden color and then bore a dark-brown color. Anubis let out a gasp as he sat up straight from his coffin, Esther took a step back from the god. 

   Anubis looked around and his eyes landed on the Mikaelson witch. His thick brows furrowed in confusion, wondering where he was and who was in front of him. 

   "You have awakened." Esther murmured, her eyes studying the man in front of her. She felt more secure than ever, this was the man that was going to help her. 

   "Yes, I can see that." He replied with a distasteful tone in his voice, "Who are you and where am I?" 

  "My name is Esther Mikaelson and we are in Mystic Falls." She answered she helped Anubis get out of the coffin as he adjusted himself. 

   "Mystic Falls?" He repeated, "Why am I awake?" He looked over at Esther with eyes full of confusion but at the same time, they were intimidating. Esther swallowed before answering.

   "I need your help." 

   "With what?" Anubis asked as he folded his arms across his chest. 

   "I need you to kill my children if I fail."  Esther's face was serious, she wanted nothing more than her children dead. Although she loved them, they were monsters, they were the reason why so many people were dead.