ELEVEN; ISIS

(4

(4.02)

ANUBIS WAS STIlL UNCONSCIOUS BUT THE TWO WOMEN MANAGED TO PUT HIM ON THE BED IN THE GUEST ROOM. Isis lit some candles around the room using her magic, Bonnie watched from the corner, she didn't want to upset the goddess. Isis moved with grace around the room and she placed her suitcase on the bedside table and opened it.

Inside were a number of herbs and plants and liquids that were only known to Egypt--at least that's what Bonnie thought considering she had never seen them before.

"It's getting hot in here," Isis commented taking off her trench coat and placing over the chair, she fanned herself with her long fingers. Bonnie shifted her weight at the goddess, she didn't know if she should trust her but Isis had a clear idea about what she was doing.

Isis took a grey mortar and pestle and put a green plant in it, she then grabbed a dagger that was in her suitcase. She used the tip of the dagger to cut into her palm and placed her palm above the mortar, a few drops of crimson blood dripped into it before the cut magically healed. Isis proceeded to used the pestle to mix the ingredients in the mortar. After she was done, Isis created a yellow tinted paste.

Isis sat down next to Anubis, with the mortar in her hand, "What are you doing?" Bonnie asked worriedly as she took a step towards Isis.

Isis looked up at the witch, "It's a paste, it'll wake Anubis up from whatever state he is in. I cannot guarantee that he'll be the same person he was."

Bonnie furrowed her brows, "What do you mean?"

Isis sighed, "Anubis is here, physically not spiritually or mentally. The paste will wake him up, but considering that the doppelganger is dead, it will most likely activate the powers of the spells the witch cast on him."

"So, he's either going to be normal or turn into a jackal?" Bonnie asked curiously.

Isis nodded, "Most likely, although the witches were very vague with the spell, so we have no clue how he'll wake up."

"If he wakes up as a jackal, how will he return back?" Bonnie asked.

Isis rolled her eyes, "You do ask a lot of questions," Isis commented, "If he comes back as a jackal, there will need to be a blood sacrifice. When Anubis turned there was a woman, her blood sacrifice made the ring work. What Anubis needs a blood sacrifice with that, a ritual will be performed to restore the ring's power and bring him back to normal."

Bonnie nodded understandingly at Isis, before she could open her mouth, Isis interrupted, "And before you ask, no, not just from any woman. It has to be from the one he loves." Isis dipped her thumb into the past and made hieroglyph on Anubis' forehead. The hieroglyph was the symbol for Anubis, a human with the head of a jackal.

"A-are you two?" Bonnie asked curiously, waiting to see if Isis would answer.

Isis looked up and laughed at the Bennett witch, "Oh, Gods, no!" Isis answered, "Plus, I think he has his eyes set on someone else." The corner of Isis' lips curled into a mischievous smirk as she gave Bonnie a look.

Isis placed the paste on the bedside table next to her things. She then placed an herb over Anubis' body and then put her hands together in prayer. She then started chanting in Egyptian, her hands then spread out and the candles in the room rose quickly as the goddess chanted.

Bonnie furrowed her brows having no idea what was going on and she stood away from the goddess. Isis then put her hands down and the candles flames calmed down. Bonnie's eyes shifted from Isis to Anubis waiting for something to happen but it didn't.

"Did it work?" Bonnie asked.

Isis nodded, "I call upon Anubis, wake!"

Anubis' eyes fluttered open which made Bonnie's heart drop, her hands dropped to her side as Anubis sat up straight. Isis took a step back as Bonnie took a step forward. He was awake, Bonnie reached her hand out slowly, "Wait." Isis warned.

Bonnie's hand froze as Anubis turned his head to look at her, he furrowed his brows in confusion "Bonnie?" then his crystal blue eyes turned gold. Bonnie's hand dropped and Isis' eyes widened in fear.

"Isis, what's wrong?" Bonnie asked.

Isis turned her body towards the young witch, "You need to go," she said warningly.

"Isis, what's going on?" Bonnie asked worriedly.

Isis took in a deep breath, "The Jackal," the words were enough to make Bonnie step back but made Isis stand her ground.

"Anubis, it's me, Isis," she started, "You're in Bonnie Bennett's house, do you understand?"

Anubis looked up at Isis and the goddess knew that he was no longer there. Anubis rose up from the bed slowly with his hand curled into fists. Isis stepped in front of Anubis trying to protect Bonnie, just in case he did anything.

"Get out of my way," he said threateningly.

Isis raised her hands trying to make him stay back, "Anubis, you need to stop, right now!" Isis voice echoed throughout the room.

"Isis, I have somewhere to go," Anubis said sternly, "So, get out of my way!"

"No," the goddess denied, "I'm not moving."

Anubis clenched his jaw before pushing the goddess onto the bed, Bonnie took a step back in fear as she ran over to Isis. Anubis walked out of the house and Isis stood up from the push, "What the hell is wrong with him?" Bonnie asked.

"He's not himself, Bonnie," Isis answered, "The Jackal has taken over him."

Bonnie's shoulders dropped, "So, the only way to turn him back is to get the blood sacrifice?"

Isis nodded, "It's the only way, but Berenike is dead and the spell won't work even if we had her blood. I have to reside here until we find someone or we find another way."

"What is he going to do?" Bonnie asked worriedly.

"If I'm being completely honest, I have no clue." The two witches stayed in the room with looks of defeat on their faces. Isis wanted nothing more than to leave but she had stay here and help Anubis, she owed him. She looked at Bonnie and realized that she could be the one they need to turn him back but she wasn't ready to risk it.

author's note

i hope you all liked this chapter! part two is going to be AU for the first couple of chapters and I really hope you're all enjoying the story!