NINE; THE DOPPELGANGER OF DEATH

(3

(3.22)

WHEN CHIONE CREATED THE RING FOR ANUBIS SHE USED THE BLOOD OF A DOPPELGÄNGER. The woman was in a sleep that she couldn't wake up from. Her body never aged but blood still ran through her veins which Chione used for the ring. The blood became the life source of the ring. It would work until the last of that doppelgänger line would end. After that, the ring would be useless. Chione was informed about Amara's body and knew that it's what she needed in order to keep the ring working.

The blood still flowed in the ruby of the ring. The ring had many powers but only one could be used and Anubis had to decide which one to use. He could use the ring to turn into the jackal and get the venom. If he did so, he'd risk not turning back but he'd be able to kill the Originals, but their entire sire lines would diminish. Since the ring contained powerful magic and the blood of the doppelgänger, he could use it to bring back someone from the dead. It would've been intended for him but there were more dire uses. Bonnie had managed to put Klaus in a state like his father, Mikael, was before.

Anubis sat staring at the ruby red ring, admiring its power. The mark the ring had caused on Elijah Mikaelson was almost vanishing, which meant the ring was getting weaker which Anubis didn't understand. Anubis could no longer see or feel Elijah's emotions. Although it seemed impossible to Anubis the ring was losing its power.

"Have you ever heard the saying that if you look at something long enough you'll fall in love with it?" Damon stood at the door with a glass of whiskey in his hand.

"Yes, I have," Anubis answered, "Which explains a lot about your character."

"Ouch," Damon responded sarcastically, "What's the deal with you and that ring?"

The light from the room reflected on the ring which made Anubis move it back and forth between his fingers, "It holds a lot of power but it can only be used once."

"Mind explaining the part why you're looking at it so worried?" Damon asked holding the glass of whiskey up to his lips.

Anubis put the ring down and turned towards Damon, "The ring is losing its power," he started, "I don't know why or how, but it's getting weaker."

Damon furrowed his brows, "How do you know it's losing power?"

"When the ring was made, magic and blood was thrown into it making it the color that it is," Anubis started, "The color is draining from the ring,"

Damon stepped closer to Anubis, "And what are the many purposes that this ring can give us?"

Anubis sighed, "It can bring someone back from the dead, it can turn me back from a jackal or turn into one which can get us the venom we need to kill the Mikaelsons. It can condemn someone to the underworld,"