EIGHT; BEFORE THE SUN RISES

(3

(3.21)

BONNIE'S BODY WAS LIMP WITH BLOOD SEEPING THROUGH HER NECK. Anubis applied pressure to neck to try and stop the bleeding. Bonnie's head was to the side and her eyes were closed shut, Anubis had no clue what to do and he got angry. He kept applying pressure until Damon appeared, his eyes were droopy and he rubbed his head.

When Damon's eyes landed on Bonnie his eyes grew wide in fear, he ran over to her and kneeled down next to her. He bit his wrist and held it up to Bonnie's mouth, "Come on Bonnie, wake up," he muttered underneath his breath.

Anubis watched Damon with careful eyes when Bonnie let out a gasp of air, the two looked at her with wide eyes. Bonnie held her hand to her chest, and then to her neck and when she saw the crimson on her fingers, she looked at the two for an answer.

"Bonnie, what the hell happened?" Anubis asked furrowing his brows together.

"It-It was Alaric." Bonnie answered in a meek voice.

Anubis furrowed his brows trying to remember who it was and then the memory hit him back, he remembered him at the Mystic Grill. He was the one to sit next to Anubis and that's all he remembered.

"Bonnie, Alaric is dead. He was here, I was with him when he died," he answered with a stern look on his face.

"He's not dead," Anubis said in monotonous voice after realizing something, "How did he die?"

Damon looked at Anubis with a puzzled look on his face, "Esther wanted him to turn to a vampire to kill the Originals but he didn't want to turn."

Anubis was quiet for a few seconds, Alaric was Esther's backup plan, but he wasn't dead, "He's not dead."

"And how do you know that?" Damon asked.

"Because I'm the god of death, I would have seen him, but I didn't," he turned to Bonnie, "You completed his transition, he wasn't dead when you left him." he turned his attention towards Damon and then Damon's eyes became wide with shock.

"This isn't good," Damon muttered, "He has the white oak stake."

"White oak stake?" Anubis asked with a confused expression.

"It's one of the only weapons to kill an Original."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Anubis asked.

"Look genius, if you kill an Original with the stake that means that their entire sire line and every vampire they sired will die. If you kill Klaus, you'll be killing me and Bonnie's mom."

Anubis looked at Damon a serious look on his face, he knew he had to kill Klaus but at what cost. He'd be killing all the vampires he sired but vampires were like a plague. They had killed hundreds of thousands and some were merciless. He knew of one way for a loophole.