NINETEEN; EXPRESSION

(4

(4.10)

BONNIE HAD THE HABIT OF DISAPPEARING ANUBIS AFTER CAROL LOCKWOOD WAS KILLED. The witch would be gone for hours at a time before coming back and leaving Anubis and Damon together to figure out what happen and when Bonnie had gotten back she needed to talk to Anubis urgently. Anubis was at the Mystic Grill early in the morning. He was hungry and was in the mood to eat a nice breakfast.

He had ordered french toast with scrambled eggs and bacon alongside with a glass of orange juice. Anubis was cutting into the french toast after adding maple syrup on them. The chair across from him moved and he looked up to see Bonnie sitting across from and placing her bag on the floor. She had to be at school in an hour or so but she needed to talk to Anubis.

"Morning," Anubis greeted while putting a piece of french toast in his mouth, Bonnie held her hands out together on the table as she looked at Anubis. She smiled shyly which made Anubis furrow his brows, "Is there something wrong?"

"You can't stay at the house anymore, and it's nothing personal but my dad is coming and he's going to be the new mayor," Bonnie started, "He has no idea about you and he doesn't like the whole witch stuff especially after what happened to Carol Lockwood,"

Anubis took a sip of his orange juice before placing the glass on the table, "And where am I supposed to stay?" Anubis asked.

"You can stay with Damon and Stefan," Bonnie suggested with a worried expression hoping that Anubis would agree to stay with them, the god licked his lips with a puzzled expression.

Anubis tilted his head, "Is there something I should know?" Anubis asked curiously, "Don't get me wrong but it's like you've been avoiding me for the past few weeks ever since Isis left and all,"

Bonnie let out a sigh, "Anubis, I've been working on something and I need to focus on that, it could really help us all," Bonnie tapped her fingers against the table slowly looking at Anubis nervously while biting her lip.

Anubis sighed, "Fine, I'll stay with the Salvatores."

Bonnie smiled gratefully towards him, "Thank you, I'll see you later if anything," Bonnie grabbed her bag and stood up from her seat before turning her back on Anubis. Anubis eyed her carefully, he felt like something was wrong, Bonnie had seemed distant lately, and he was going to find out why.

After Anubis had finished he went to Whitmore College, where Bonnie had been spending most of her time. Anubis decided to dress normally like most college students, so he could blend in. He wore a white t-shirt with a baby blue cardigan over him and comfortable pants along with stylish shoes.

Once Anubis was in the school, he reached the door of Professor Shane, he didn't know why but a certain energy was drawing him towards the door of the professor. Anubis' hand reached for the doorknob when he heard Bonnie's voice. His hand hovered over the knob as he heard her.

"Does this mean that I have to go home now?" Bonnie asked.

"It means I've got a stack of papers that I have to grade by tomorrow." Professor Shane commented. Anubis stood outside the door with his hands in his pockets once Bonnie stepped out she was startled to see Anubis standing at the door.

"Anubis," Bonnie started, "What are you doing here?" Bonnie folded her arms across her chest as she started walking away from Professor Shane's office.

Anubis sighed as he looked Bonnie, "You've been so distant, I've been wondering what's going on?"

Bonnie rolled her eyes, "Anubis, I told you already. I need to do this and I can't do it with you looking over me."

A male walked past the two of them, Anubis didn't notice who it was until Bonnie stopped dead in her tracks, "Kol!" the witch turned around and ran towards the office of the professor to see the door wide open with no one inside. 

Bonnie had fear in her eyes, she turned to Anubis who stood more confused than ever, "We have to go, now!" Bonnie started quickly walked past Anubis, the god shook his head, he was going to need answers after this. 

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

Anubis and Bonnie arrived at Mystic Falls High School. Bonnie was quiet the whole entire time, she was frantic and worried which set Anubis off, this wasn't like her. Anytime Anubis would try and say something, she would shut him off instantly. Once the two of them made it inside they went to a room where a random girl with jet-black hair and blazing blue eyes stood. 

"Bonnie? How did you know everyone was here?" the girl asked curiously, her eyes landed on Anubis who stood seriously, "You must be Anubis." 

Anubis furrowed his brows, how did she know about him? "Who's everyone? I came to find Shane." Bonnie asked while looking around the science lab. 

"Did you do a GPS magic locator spell or something?" April asked as she saw Bonnie looking around, Bonnie looked up at her with a perplexed look on her face, "Rebekah told me that you're a witch." 

"Rebekah? What the hell is going on?" Bonnie asked with her arms folded across her chest. Anubis was just as confused as Bonnie, he had no idea what Bonnie was up to or even Rebekah. 

April's eyes landed on Bonnie, "Rebekah has Stefan, Elena, and Caroline compelled. She's getting them to actually tell the truth for a change." she said nonchalantly. 

Bonnie walked over towards the lab counter, "What?" April asked. 

"Shane can't be compelled. Okay? She'll happily torture him to find out what he knows." Bonnie started scrambling through the counters trying to look for something, she looked worried and the other two saw it. 

"Who is this Professor Shane?" Anubis asked. 

"What are you searching for?" April asked. 

Bonnie looked at Anubis annoyed, "Not now, Anubis," the witch looked at April, "I need salt." 

"I think I just saw some," April walked over towards a shelf and pulled out a jar of salt. Bonnie grabbed it and started pouring it in several beakers. Anubis was growing annoyed since Bonnie wasn't giving him any answers. 

"What are you doing?" April asked nervously. 

"If this pendant will connect me to Shane, then I can do a protection spell." April stood back while Bonnie pulled out a necklace of some sort, she clutched it tightly to her chest before closing her eyes. The salt that she poured started to ignite into flames and Anubis knew this wasn't going to go well. 

author's note: 

oh my gosh, an update after 291893 years. i apologize so much for not updating, i have been super busy and i feel like i have no time to update, there will be a continuation of this chapter :)