TEN; HARBINGER OF DEATH

(4

(4.01) 

   ANUBIS THOUGHT HE WOULD NEVER COME TO TERMS WITH WHO HE WAS. He didn't want to be the type of person to bring misery to people. At any given moment, he could take a human life and hide it under a car accident or any other way. While he was in his sleep, he thought no more harm would come from him but he was wrong. Mankind was corrupt, they hurt their own and the ones they loved. 

   Anubis saw those people enter the underworld, he saw all sorts of people. Good, evil, young, or old. He even saw supernatural beings such as vampires, werewolves, and witches. He saw everything and he experienced everything, even heartbreak and what he assumed to be death. 

   All he saw was darkness. He knew that Elena and Alaric died but they wouldn't be going to the underworld. Alaric was going somewhere else since he died as a vampire, he took one glance of Alaric before he disappeared. Anubis saw everything shift, all at once. He no longer saw darkness but he saw himself in Mystic Falls. He sat on a bench with a black suit on, when he looked up at the sky, it was clear. 

The shone brightly on him and then he felt someone next to him. He prayed for it to be someone familiar, that he knew, like Bonnie, but it wasn't. It was Elena Gilbert. She was wearing the same clothes she had died in except she wasn't wet. Elena sat on the opposite end of the bench and the two locked eyes. 

"Anubis?" she whispered softly, "What's going on?" 

Anubis sighed, "Elena, you're dead. Not in a metaphorical way but literally dead." 

Elena felt a knot tying up in her throat, "Oh my god," she croaked, "I-is that why we're both here, you're going to take me to the underworld or where ever it is that I'm going?" 

Anubis furrowed his brows, "I don't think so," he started, "There's something going on. The ring the witches created for me was tied to the Petrov doppelganger line. The ring loses its power when the last generation dies out. The ring was losing power because it was predicting your death." 

"B-but, there's something wrong. I can feel it," she started, "I don't think I'm dead." 

Anubis furrowed his brows, "Why not?" 

Elena shook her head, "I think its just a gut feeling, I don't think things would end this way. Plus, you're here and the ring is tied to you if I die that means something happens to you. Something is wrong." 

Anubis let out a sigh, "There is something odd." 

Elena pouted her lips, "What is it?" 

Anubis sighed, "This place that we're in right now, it's only temporary. When I wake up, something's going to be different."