TWENTY-TWO; REBEKAH MIKAELSON

(4

(4.13)

       ANUBIS WOKE UP TO THE SOUND OF THE DOOR BANGING WIDE OPEN, THE GOD OPENED HIS EYES SLOWLY AS HIS EYES LANDED ON A BLONDE. Anubis let out a groan as he turned over in the small bed, he covered his face with the blanket as Rebekah made her way to the bed. Anubis sat up in his bed unamused while Rebekah had a smirk on her face. "Why doesn't anyone let me asleep?" 

"Well, good morning to you," Rebekah greeted as she looked around the room, Anubis watched her slowly before she stood at the edge of the bed. 

The Egyptian rolled his eyes, "What do you want?"

"Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Rebekah commented while Anubis sat up and rubbed his eyes. He was helping Bonnie last night with some spells and he was exhausted. He had tried contacting Isis but every time he tried, it was a dead end. 

"Rebekah," Anubis stated. 

The blonde walked over to him slowly while crossing her arms, "We agreed to help each other and I need your help," Anubis tilted his head to the side, he still couldn't process anything yet and he wanted nothing more than to lay down and fall back asleep. 

"With?" 

The Original rolled her eyes, "The cure," she stated, "They're going to Nova Scotia to find it and I need you to come with me. The whole gang is going to be there," 

Anubis took in a deep breath as she stood up from his bed, "No one told me about Nova Scotia," he started, as he rummaged through the drawers in the room, "And what do you mean by the 'whole gang'?" he questioned. 

"Oh, you know, Elena, Damon, Stefan, Jeremy, and your little witch friend," Rebekah answered with a smirk as she watched Anubis, "It's the least you can do after burning my brother's hand with your ring," 

Anubis stopped what he was doing and turned to look at the blonde. She was sitting on the bed with one leg on top of the other and she had a smug look on her face, "First of all, her name is Bonnie and second, he shouldn't have gotten in my business," he grabbed a handful of clothes and held them in his arms. 

Rebekah rolled her eyes, "Either way, I need you to come with me, you can watch Bonnie since she's the only witch and you can help me get what I want before my brother or the Salvatores get it," 

"Why do you even want it?" Anubis asked curiously, "You're indestructible and immortal, why would you want to be human?" 

The blonde straightened her back and shifted in her spot, "I would prefer to disclose that information, but if Klaus gets it, it'll end badly and the Salvatores want it for Elena," she started, "It's always Elena," she stated as she rolled her eyes. 

"I still see no point in going," Anubis said. 

A smile appeared on Rebekah's face, "That's because no one told you, if you tag along it will surprise everyone. If they didn't tell you it was probably for a reason and maybe you can get a word or two from Professor Shane," 

The two quickly locked eyes, Anubis took in a deep breath, "You want me to go for an element of surprise?" 

"You're the only one who has an actual chance of getting the cure and that's why no one told you about Nova Scotia," Rebekah answered, "You're the god of death," she reminded him. 

Anubis looked down at the floor while a million thoughts ran through his mind. A small part of him wanted to go to Nova Scotia and a part of him didn't want to go. He worried most about Bonnie and he didn't want her to lose control and do something that she would regret. He lifted gaze towards Rebekah and she still wore her mischievous smile. 

The god of death let out a breath, "Fine, I'll go with you," 

Rebekah got up quickly, "Well, before we go, I would suggest you change your clothes, we'll be in the woods and you wouldn't want to get your little suit dirty," she walked past him, leaving him with the ball of clothes in his arms. 

After Anubis the appropriate clothes to wear he left the room and saw Rebekah waiting at the door, "About bloody time, let's go," Anubis shook his head and saw a car parked outside, the blonde held up the keys in front of Anubis. The two got in the car and Rebekah stuck the keys in the ignition. 

"How far is Nova Scotia?" Anubis asked curiously. 

"Far," The Original answered which caused Anubis to roll his eyes. 

"Can I ask you a question?" Rebekah asked. 

Anubis sighed, "You just did," 

The blonde rolled her eyes, "I'm serious, if we're going to be working together we might as well get to know each other," 

Anubis rolled his eyes, "Fine, what do you want to know?" 

Rebekah licked her lips as a smirk appeared on her face, she drove cautiously through Mystic Falls, "What's the deal with you and the witch?" 

"Nothing," he answered, "I'm just helping her and when I'm done, I'm leaving Mystic Falls," 

Rebekah furrowed her brows, "And where the bloody hell are you going to?" she asked, "And I don't buy it, I see the way you look at her, how you reacted the day that she was at our manor, I saw you two as you left. The way you hugged her, it's cute if you ask me," 

The god of death shook his head, she was overstepping the situation, "I was just being friendly, there is nothing going between us," 

"So, if I kill her you wouldn't care?" she asked jokingly. 

Anubis rolled his eyes, "If you killed anyone I would care," he answered, "Now it's my turn, why do you want the cure?" 

Rebekah grew silent, "If I'm going to tell you then you have to tell me how you feel about Bonnie," she proposed. 

"Why do you care so much?" Anubis asked, "There's nothing between us and if there was why would I tell an Original vampire?" 

Rebekah rolled her eyes, "We both know that's not true and it's not my fault you have trust issues, Anubis," she started, "And I will let you know that Elijah and I are the more decent Mikaelsons, everyone is a bloody lunatic. Plus, I wouldn't hurt the witch, she's quite powerful," 

Anubis rolled his eyes, "Plus, you're capable of killing me if I do anything and you burned Elijah with your ring and I like seeing the fear in Klaus' eyes when your name is mentioned," 

"You first," Anubis spoke. 

The Mikaelson took in a deep breath before glancing at Anubis, he was looking out the window before he locked eyes with her, "I want to use it on myself. I want to be able to grow old and have kids of my own, I want to live a long human life," she answered, "You have to promise not to tell anyone or I will find a way to kill you or put you in a long sleep," 

Anubis chuckled, "Why would you want to be mortal and have kids?" 

Rebekah shrugged, "I've been alive for thousands of years, I'm tired of being under control of Klaus and constantly running. It gets tiring," 

"Well, your secrets safe with me," he started. 

Rebekah glanced at the road and then at Anubis, "Now, what's the deal with you and Bonnie?" 

Anubis sighed, it was something he wanted to avoid, the last time he had felt like that, it didn't end well. "I don't know, she's been avoiding me a lot and the last time I felt something like this, it didn't end well," 

"Felt what?" 

He shrugged, "I don't know, I just feel...different," 

Rebekah smirked, "You like her, don't you?" 

Anubis could feel warmth in his cheeks, "I don't know," 

"Well, your secrets safe with me,"