FIVE; ELIJAH MIKAELSON

(3

(3.18)

   ANUBIS STOOD IN FRONT OF THE MIKAELSON WITH A SMILE ON HIS FACE. Elijah stood with his hands in the pockets of his black suit. He wore a black tie and matching dress shoes and his mouth was slightly agape. Anubis folded the paper and neatly and put in his pocket while looking at Elijah. 

   "Elijah Mikaelson," the name rolled off of Anubis' tongue like he knew the Original, "I would say it's a pleasure meeting you but it's not." 

   Elijah gave a half-hearted smile at the god, "I don't know your name but there's been some sort of presence lately in Mystic Falls since you were seen at the Mikaelson ball." 

   "Wow, you are really observant," Anubis noticed, "You just jump right into things." 

   "I'm not here to play here games." Elijah's tone was firm, "It's best you tell me who you are what this quaint room is before I rip your throat out." the words rolled out of Elijah's tongue and although they were threatening his tone was calm. 

   Anubis let out a laugh that ringed in Elijah's ear. Elijah kept a serious look on his face, wondering why Anubis was laughing. 

   Anubis caught his breath, "It's so funny." he said without a care in the world. 

   "What is?" Elijah asked straightening his back. 

    "You think you can kill me." Anubis grinned flashing his pearly white teeth at the Original. Anubis' eyes glowed gold before turning blue. 

   Elijah was more confused than before. Instead of taking a step back, he took a step forward towards the god. Elijah had to admit that he was curious as to who was standing before him and that he was a little afraid. He saw Anubis as a threat but he couldn't show it. 

   "Who are you?" Elijah asked, a puzzled look on his face. 

    Anubis stuck out a hand to the Mikaelson, "I am Anubis." 

    Elijah stuck out to shake his hand, "Anubis?" he started, "Like the god of death?" 

   "That's why your mother brought me back." Anubis cocked his head to the side and let go of Elijah's hand. 

   "My mother brought you?" The Original asked widening his eyes. 

   "Of course she did, she wanted me to do something in case she failed." Anubis held his hands out in front of him. 

    "To finish what?" 

    Anubis smiled and walked around the golden coffin, "You sure do ask a lot of questions. Reminds me of someone I know."