SEVEN; TALES OF AN ENDLESS HEART

(3

(3.20)

   ANUBIS WALKED ALONG ABBIE'S GARDEN. As he walked along the garden he noticed the vibrant colors from the different plants. He noticed the small leaves moving along with the breeze that flew by. He had his hands shoved into his jean pockets, he wore a dark-colored sweatshirt with black shoes. He noticed a batch of bright purple flowers--vervain. 

   He touched the flower softly, careful not to tear petal. Anubis loved Abbie's garden, he loved the mix of vibrant colors all together and the sound of birds chirping. When he was asleep, all he saw was darkness and the garden made everything more alive and surreal. 

   Anubis heard steps behind him and assumed it to be Bonnie or Abbie but the voice belonged to neither. 

   "Anubis," the voice said, "It's good to see you again." Anubis turned around slowly and saw a blonde standing in front of him. He had no idea who she was but she looked familiar, the woman was young and she had azure eyes that sparkled in the sun. 

  "Who are you?" Anubis asked confused. 

   "It's me, Esther," the woman replied, "I took over my daughter's body, her name is Rebekah," Esther explained. 

   "Why are you here?" Anubis asked calmly. 

   "There's a problem," Esther took a step forward towards Anubis, "My children, they know about your past." 

   Anubis stood still for a moment, he balled his fists and clenched his jaw, "How did they find out?" his voice was stern causing Esther to shift in place. 

   "There was a book, they must have found it and read what was in it," she explained quickly. 

   "They are going to try and put me to sleep again. I can't have that! Do you understand?" Anubis raised his voice at Esther. If the Mikaelsons knew about his past they had a weapon and a way of putting him down, and he couldn't have that. 

   "I am doing everything in my power for that not to happen, but you need to listen to me." her voice remained calm, "They know about you so there is no more point in hiding. I have a backup plan just in case something goes wrong." 

   "Backup plan?" Anubis repeated, "I am going to finish what I started, and if I am put back to sleep you say goodbye because I will make sure you never come back to life again."

   Esther took in a deep breath trying to calm herself, "Listen to me," she started, "Tonight, you will go to a dance and you will show them that you are not to be messed with. You will show them that making an enemy of you is a mistake. Understand?"