TWELVE; GOLDEN BOY

(4

(4.03)

ANUBIS FELT TRAPPED IN HIS OWN BODY. He had felt as if he was fighting for control over his body. He felt like his mind was entrapped and he couldn't focus on anything except for his sole hatred of vampires. It was dark outside and night had fallen on Mystic Falls. The skies were dark with only the stars and the moon to give it its only light. 

Anubis looked down at his hand and saw the ruby red ring on his finger, he had looked at it with confusion--wondering what it meant to him now that it was completely useless. The young god had left the premises of the house and was walking in the streets of Mystic Falls. 

The small town was quiet except for the loud music coming out of the bar. The streets lamps illuminated the streets as Anubis walked through them. His whole body felt rigid, his hands we curled into fists and his jaw was clenched. The one thing that stood out was his eyes. 

His eyes, that were once blue were now the bright color of gold. The last time he had felt like this was before the witches had cursed him with deep sleep. Then, he had no control over himself and many innocent paid the price. Now, his attention was towards the creatures of the night who were no good. 

As Anubis walked he found himself in an alleyway where four vampires were found drinking blood from an innocent woman. They passed her around as a toy as they each drank blood from the sides of her neck and both wrists. 

One of the vampires, who was male and had a nose piercing dropped her wrist and stood up from his seat with a smirk on his face. He wiped the blood from his lip with his thumb, "Look at this guys, I think we found our dessert." 

Anubis looked unbothered by the comment made by the ghastly creature, "You're messing with the wrong guy," the god warned. 

The vampire snickered at Anubis, "That's what they all say before we get to them," the other three vampires dropped the pale corpse on the ground and stood behind their presumed leader. 

Anubis smirked, "You haven't met me yet," Anubis flashed gold at the group of blood-suckers. One of the vampires laughed, "We're not scared of werewolves," 

"I never said I was one," Anubis then thrust his arm into the chest of the male vampire, the male let out a gasp as Anubis squeezed his heart, the veins in his forehead and neck were protruding. The other vampires stepped back in fear, Anubis then yanked his heart out of his chest. 

The vampire dropped to the ground and his body became grey as the veins throughout his body became noticeable. Anubis dropped the heart on the ground, the god looked at the remaining three, "Who's next?" 

This time, a female came up to him, she had short blonde hair and a snaggletooth, "I'm not afraid of you," 

Anubis laughed, "Oh, really?" Anubis looked at the heart on the ground, "Well before things get out of hand, my name is Anubis. Anubis as in the Egyptian god of death, and I mean that quite literally. You're little friend, I can see him now and he is going to enjoy what the underworld has for him." 

The female took in a deep breath, "Well, I don't care who you are, you're as good as dead." 

Anubis stepped closer to the female, "Well, it's a good thing I can't die," Anubis then reached into her chest with no hesitation and pulled out her heart. She dropped to the ground in a matter of a few seconds. 

The other two that remained were fearful, one of them vamped over to Anubis and bit into his neck, within a matter of seconds, the vampire yanked away from him, "Vervain?" The vampire started coughing out blood and he lost control of his body and he collapsed on the ground with a thud. Anubis reached into his chest, "Much worse than vervain," he pulled out his heart and threw it next to the dead vampire. 

"Looks, like you're the only one who remains," Anubis looked at him with a bored look, "You can choose to leave or to fight," 

The vampire looked around, "I'll leave, I won't tell anyone." 

Anubis smirked, "Good because you won't," he then proceeded to go up to the vampire take a drop of his own blood and placed on the night creature. Anubis' blood burned through his flesh, the vampire waited for it to be healed but nothing happened. As the vampire looked up at Anubis with a worried look, he reached into his chest and pulled out his heart. 

Anubis stood in the alleyway with four bodies surrounding him. The hearts of each one were laid next to them. All the vampires dessicated quickly, Anubis looked down at his hands and saw that they were tainted crimson. His clothes had streaks and drops of blood. The wound on his neck healed fairly quickly. 

Within a matter of a few minutes, Bonnie and Isis appeared at the scene. Isis' shoulders slumped and she moved her curls out of her face. Her mouth was agape as she saw the bodies, Bonnie followed after Isis. The young witch put her hand to her mouth as she saw the scene. 

"Anubis, what have you done?" Isis asked as she looked at the bodies. 

Anubis remained nonchalant, "Nothing, the vampires deserve to die, might as well start with the bad ones." 

Bonnie was still in shock, "How could you do this?" the young witch asked, her eyes following the pools of blood. 

"He is not himself, Bonnie," Isis warned once again, "Anubis, this isn't you, come with me and I will heal you, I promise." 

Anubis turned towards Isis with a menacing look, "You cannot heal me, it is impossible." 

Isis lifted up her head, "No it is not, there a three ways to turn you back, one of them, you will not like but the other two are possible. I am a very powerful witch and you know that." 

Anubis relaxed his muscle and looked around, "How many people have died because of these creatures, innocent lives paid just so they can keep on living. They are bad Isis, and they need to go." 

The goddess shook her head, "They are not all evil, Anubis. There are good and evil, and there are good vampires and they have helped you and your friends. Come with me," 

Anubis shook his head, "This is your fault, Isis. You created the magic used to make them if it wasn't for you many innocent people would have lived. All those lives didn't deserve it!" 

"But some did!" Isis argued back, the goddess was angry at the god in the front her and her hands were curled into fists. Anubis looked at her with a questioning look, "Did you forget that you took innocent lives? If it wasn't for my magic all those people would have been alive or their descendants would have." 

Bonnie stepped up next to Isis, "Anubis, you need to come with us. We can help you." 

Anubis looked at the young witch, she was relaxed despite being in a frightful situation, "I don't want your help." The young god then walked away from the two leaving them alone in the alleyway. Bonnie looked at the bodies and spotted the vampire without the no flesh on a spot on his arm. 

"Did he do that?" Bonnie asked. Isis walked over and looked at it. 

Isis sighed, knowing exactly what it was, "It was his blood, his blood is toxic enough to burn through flesh when the jackal has taken over. This will not be easy Bonnie, but your help will be greatly appreciated." 

Bonnie looked at the arm and then looked at Isis, with worried eyes the young witch gave her an answer, "I want Anubis back, the real Anubis." 

Isis smiled, "Then lets get to it."