FOUR; THE JACKAL

(3

(3.17)

   ANUBIS SAT ON THE COUCH WITH HIS LEGS PROPPED UP ON THE TABLE. He had another grimoire in his hands. He still hadn't found any useful information to take down the Originals but he had a plan. It involved a spell and a witch. The thing was, he couldn't find the spell he was looking for. Most of the grimoires he found only pertained to certain spells cast by certain witches. 

   Bonnie walked into the living room and did a quick motion with her hand. The table moved slightly enough to make Anubis' feet drop to the ground. He rolled his eyes and closed the grimoire. 

   "This isn't your house." She reminded him. 

   "I know that," Anubis said. 

   "Look, you asked for my help but we've gotten nowhere since then." Bonnie folded her arms across her chest and cocked her head to the side with a raised eyebrow. Anubis sat up straight and placed the grimoire next to him. 

   "I am looking for a specific kind of spell and I can't find it anywhere." Anubis was annoyed, he had been finding ways to take down the Mikaelson family while the witch did nothing. Anubis knew what happened to her mother but that the witch still could have helped him. 

   "What kind of spell is it?" Bonnie asked. 

   "Amuse me with your Egyptian mythology," Anubis intertwined his fingers together and looked at Bonnie, "Something about a specific god, a good-looking one that is gracing you with his very presence." Anubis grinned showing his pearly-white teeth. 

   Bonnie rolled her eyes at Anubis' comment, "Not much," she shrugged, "Just that you're supposed to have the head of a dog. Although you probably just have the brain of one." 

   Anubis' smile faded and he looked at Bonnie with a serious look on his face before asking her the next question, "Do you know what dog specifically?" 

   Bonnie pursed her lips as she tried to remember, "A jackal?" 

   "Bingo!" Anubis responded, "See before I was put into that sleep the witches cast some spell that wouldn't make me a jackal anymore." 

   "Are you saying that you can shift into a jackal?" Bonnie asked unimpressed. 

   "I can but not anymore. If I can find the spell then I can shift into one whenever I want." 

   "Okay, but what does this have to do with Klaus and the other Mikaelsons?" Bonnie asked with a puzzled look on her face.