Chapter 11

I just want to thank you guys for the 5.2K reads and the 222 votes, it means a lot, especially since this story has only been up for a month. You guys are my inspiration, so thanks again, and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Maddy's POV

Text messages will be in italics

'Beep! Beep!', I slammed my hand onto my alarm clock, smashing it to pieces, I groaned, still half asleep, "not again", I said out loud, my parents are definitely going to be pissed. Still half asleep, I stretched out my body, and checked my phone, it was 8 a.m., and I had a text from Jason. I excitedly opened up the text, 'so the funeral is at 10 @ St. Andrews Cemetery. We can meet after that if you want?', I started typing, 'ya! sounds goods and sorry that you have to go, I know they were good friends of your family. I'm here if you need anything', I replied, then got up to change, I decided I would go to the funeral and wait at a distance, and support Jason and his family from afar, I still have yet to meet his parents, hopefully I can meet them today. I picked out a simple outfit for the funeral, changed 

and went downstairs, my sister was nowhere in sight, she's probably still asleep, but my parents were up, my mom was making breakfast, while my dad sat at the table sipping some coffee, and reading the newspaper

and went downstairs, my sister was nowhere in sight, she's probably still asleep, but my parents were up, my mom was making breakfast, while my dad sat at the table sipping some coffee, and reading the newspaper. I sat down at the table, "what are you doing today?", my mom asked me from the stove, I turned around in the chair, "I'm going to the two fisherman's funeral, my good friend's family was really close so I'm going for support", I said, my mom nodded and went back to cooking. I turned back around, "who's the friend?", my dad asked, I looked down at the table, "Jason Scott", I answered, my dad just stared at me for a second, I thought he was going to lecture me on being friends with Jason Scott, especially after the stunt he pulled earlier this year. But surprisingly my dad just nodded and smiled, "that's nice of you" he said, looking back at his newspaper, my mom came over and put a plate of chocolate pancakes in front of me, I clapped my hands in excitement, this is my favorite thing to eat for breakfast, I know it's not healthy, but whatever.

I dug in, I usually don't get to eat breakfast with my parents often, because of school, and I usually have Saturday school, but not today, because of the funeral. My mom sat down in the seat between dad and I, she held a cup of coffee up to her face, "so, Jason Scott... he's just a friend?", she asked with a smile, I didn't meet her eyes, I knew if I did I would start blushing, I just continued to eat my pancakes. "Well I for one, think he's a handsome young man" she continued, "mom!" I groaned, she love's girl talk, so does Kim, but I honestly hate it, and she knows that, that's why she's pushing the conversation. I could feel her gaze, and I finally caved in, "ok! You got me, he's kind of more than a friend" my mom interrupted me by squealing a little, she clutched her mug tighter with excitement. "As I was saying, he asked me out on a date, we're going after the funeral, but he doesn't know I'm going to the funeral, I was going to surprise him" I finished, my dad started paying attention to our conversation after I mentioned the date, while my mom, squealed again. I finished my pancakes, and went to clean me plate, "I've got it honey, you just go to the funeral, I know for a fact it starts at 10 and it's already 9:30" my mom said, she grabbed my plate and went to the sink, before she left, I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and thanked her, "we're continuing this conversation later" she whispered, I chuckled and nodded.