chapter-21

(*So this is a big ass chapter....... nd love you all... thanks for all those lovely comments*)

Liam eyes went wide open on seeing how beautiful the city looked down from the clock tower. It was eye stopping view but deep down his heart was beating so loud that he felt like he will vomit any moment.

"Liam?"

And the soft mesmerising voice that once made Liam's knee shake now startled the shit out of him.

"Z-Zayn" he stammer and awkwardly shifts on his feets, nervously playing with his fingers.

"You know..... this place is special" Zayn smiles and walks to him "This is my hideout...... everytime I missed my family or my home, I came here" he grabbed Liam's hand with his own and turns him so that he can see the running city "The clock reminded me that everything I am through.. its the Sign of the times....."

"And Liam" Zayn continues "I met Louis here... he was looking for a hideout too, I guess and-"

"Zayn..." Liam cuts him, his tired eyes lazily blinking "Why did you call me?"

"I want to tell you something" Zayn holds Liam's hand tight and goes on one knee, making Liam choke on his breathe.

"I really like you, Liam! Will you be my boyfriend?"

Liam eyes wells up as he bends down to go at Zayn's level "Zayn" he weakily hisses as a tear drop falls down his eyes

"Please, Liam... I want you to know everything there is about me to know... I'm the heir of Malik empire" he caressed Liam's cheek "and my parents died in a car accident"

Tears circled in Zayn's golden orbs as he mentioned his parents "I never got to say them Goodbye...... I-I didn't hug my mum when I last saw her because I thought its uncool" he bickered with a sarcastic smirk "jokes on me, huh..."

"Zayn......" Liam caressed his cheek and rubbed the flowing tear down his eye "Its not your fault"

"I couldn't protect them, Liam... but I swear to God, to evrything I hold dear... I will always protect you.... I really really like you"

Liam dragged his hand away from Zayn's hold and turned his face.... he eyes focusing on the floor.

"I am sorry, Zayn.... I can't- I can't be your boyfriend"

Zayn grabbed Liam's arm and forced him to look at him "what do you mean? Liam- last night... it was the best night of my life"

"Zayn please..... I-I'm really sorry" he pleads, trying to unleash his arm.

"Why can't you- did I do something wrong? Last night? Are you mad about last night? Was it not good?"

"I had a good time but- I walked away.... " Liam sighs "Give me some time Zayn... please"

"Dont blow us away, Liam... I beg you"

"There was never 'us', Zayn... I gotto go"

Tears still in Zayn's eyes as he slowly nods and turns away, his eye now fully focussed on the ticking clock arm.

"I am sorry, Zayn" Liam softly hisses under his breathe, thick tears rolling in his eyes "I-I slept with someone else- and you don't deserve this...." he bites his lips and runs down the stairs, not daring to check on Zayn.

---------------------

"Why are they pics of Zayn kissing spider-man in my brother's folder?"

"To masturb-"

"I know, Ellen" Louis quickly interferes "I was not asking you?"

"Then who?"

"My conscience" he reasons and rolls his eyes at the screen "Show me every folder with Zayn's name"