Chapter 1

- Tamiko's POV -

At the Back of the School

"Hey, Tamiko. Is that all you're gonna eat for lunch?" Kyoko asked while looking at the plain bread in my hand.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because it's so plain..." Kyoko made a disgusted face.

"But it's good." I smiled.

A soccer ball suddenly flew to a tree near us.

"Don't worry. I'll get it." A boy from the soccer field started running and climbed the tree. He got the soccer ball and jumped.

I looked up and saw him falling. At that moment... Everything was in slow motion and sparkly. What does that even....?

"Hey! Look out!"

Before I knew what was happening, I got a knee to the face.

"Ughhh..." Everything was started to get blurry. "Ughhh..."

People started running over. "Hurry. Take her to the Nurse's Office!" And those were the last words I heard.

At the Nurse's Office

I opened my eyes slowly and saw a ceiling fan. I stood up and looked at my surroundings.

The Nurse's Office?

"So you're finally awake, Ms. Minami." The nurse smiled.

"What happened?" I put my hand on top of my head. "And why does my head hurt so much?!?!?"

"I don't know the details, but a boy suddenly rushed in here and yelled, "She needs helps!" She smiled. "I think he's in class 1-A." Class 1-A huh? He must be really smart then.

"Thank you for taking care of me." I bowed down. "There's no need to thank me. It's just my job."

In the Hallways

The Nurse is so nice. I should probably do something for her.

I couldn't see very well, but what I saw was apparently a cloud of smoke? It kept coming closer and the cloud of smoke suddenly hugged. My head was spinning. What is going on?!?!?!

"Tamiko!!" Kyoko started to grab my neck.

"Uhhhh." I couldn't make a word.

"How did it feel getting hit by the most popular guy in school!" That suddenly opened my eyes.

"What do you mean!! I got hit in the face!! What do you think that feels like!!! And what are you talking about?" I asked.

"Hello!!! Are you dumb?!?! He's the prince of this school. So pretty." Kyoko sighed with enjoyment.

"That means he's pretty popular right?"

"Yeah..." Kyoko looked down.

"Come on, Itaru. We made this cake for you. Won't you eat it?" Girls from different classes stood in front of a classroom.

He looks like that guy from lunch. So his name is Itaru, huh?

"Ugh, just look at that. He's never going to go out with them." Kyoko said confidently.

"What makes you so sure?"

"Because Itaru would never go out with a girl who's totally insane." She grinned. "That's why!" Kyoko walked in front of me. "I'm gonna be chill around him."

"Do you like him, Kyoko?" I straightforwardly asked.

She started to blush. "What are you talking about!!! I don't like him. I just take some interest in him, that's all." Kyoko looked to the side to avoid eye-contact.