Chapter 10

- Tamiko's POV -

In the Hallways

Ugh... why do my teachers want to torture me with all these textbooks...? 

I frowned and saw Jin in front of me. 

"Hey." He smirked. 

"Hey..." 

"Shouldn't Itaru be helping you carry those? I mean he is your boyfriend." 

"Wow, you sure know a lot about boyfriends." 

"Well, I do know somethings." Jin smiled. "So shouldn't he be?" 

"We actually just broke up, and besides it..." Wait, should I just tell Jin that we were just pretending? I mean what's the harm in telling, right? "Besides, it was all pretend." 

"Pretend? Why would you guys want to pretend a relationship?" 

"Well... wait... why are you asking so many questions?" He looked suspicious in my eyes. Seriously, so many questions today. 

"Because I'm curious. I can't ask questions?" He smirked. 

"There you go again, another question." I giggled. "But if you want to know, Itaru said the coach wanted him to date some girl that can lead the soccer team to the states." 

"He's not wrong." 

"So he needed to practice his 'boyfriend skills', then he asked me to help him." 

"Weird."

I was suddenly drawn into his words. "What? Weird? How?" 

"It's very unlikely for Itaru to ask a girl to be his girlfriend." 

"Is it because he's never had one before?" I asked with curiosity. 

"Yeah, and also he would never tell anyone about the coach's orders." 

"Well, he told me." 

"I know, weird. Another thing he would never want to spend time with a random girl he just met..." 

"So what are you getting out of this? Because I'm lost." I held my textbooks to my chest tightly. "Besides why would he want me to spend time with him as a girlfriend if he isn't comfortable with it?" 

"This may be weird, but I think..." 

"You think..." 

"That he has a little crush." Jin smirked and leaned towards me.

There was a dead silence. "Huh?" I backed away from him. Then I started to think. "Wait, a crush! Who who!" 

"Take a guess." 

I made a displeasing look. "Just tell me already." 

"You have to figure it out yourself. I can't tell you everything, you know." 

"Pffft, making my brain work." 

Jin giggled. "But think about it..."

"Ugh... more thinking..."

"Why would he ask someone to be his pretend girlfriend?" 

"Because he wants to practice his 'boyfriend skills.' Come on, I told you this already."

"I know, but Itaru isn't that type of person. Besides, he had so many girls to choose from, why you?"

"How should I know. I mean there has to be another reason why he asked me to be his pretend girlfriend, and not just that he has a crush."