Chapter 14

- Jin's POV -

Where are they? I looked down at my watch. The mayor's daughter is gonna come down any minute now.

"May I present, the mayor's daughter, Hoshiko Okada." The butler introduced her.

Hoshiko came down the stairs wearing a big blue poofy dress.

She looked over at the butler. "Thank you. You may go now." Hoshiko looked around and saw the soccer team. "Hello." She smiled and looked at every single member.

"Guys, this is Hoshiko. Please show her your gratitude." Our coach said.

We all said hey in our own ways.

"So who's gonna show me a good time tonight?" She asked.

"Itaru, but I think he got lost." I looked around and didn't see Itaru anywhere.

"Who is this, Itaru?"

"He's our team captain."

"You're gonna love him. He has all the qualities of being a good man." Our coach smiled confidently.

"Wow, thanks a lot, Coach." All the members just looked over at Coach.

"Don't give me those faces. You knew this already."

"That's true." We all started to murmur.

I looked around again and saw Itaru and Tamiko standing next to the food table.

"Where have you guys been?" I asked.

"We were lost." Tamiko stuffed her face.

"I actually found a map on the floor when we were walking around." Itaru giggled.

"Are you serious... there's a map!!!" Itaru giggled. 

"Dude, the daughter's waiting for you." I looked over at Hoshiko.

Itaru smiled. "I'll see you later then." 

"So... now what?" I looked over at Tamiko and she continued to stuff her face. "You okay?" 

"Never better." She continued to eat. "Do I not look okay?" 

"You have like a whole buffet on your face." I smirked. 

She looked down and wiped the food off her mouth. "I'm gonna go to the restroom..." Tamiko walked away. 

- Itaru's POV - 

I walked closer to the mayor's daughter. "Um... hello." I waved my hand in front of her. 

"Hello." She started to talk elegantly. "May I help you?" 

"Um... I was supposed to hang out with me tonight." I avoided eye-contact. 

"Oh... so you're the team captain."