Chapter 18

- Tamiko's POV - 

"So good!!!" I continued to eat the okonomiyaki. "I forgot how good your cooking was, Kaneto." 

He giggled. "Thank you."

"Hey, Kaneto. Where's mom and dad?" He asked while eating.

"They're at work, but they'll be back soon." 

Reo stood up from his seat. "I doubt it." He walked out of the dining room. 

I stood up from my seat as well. "I'm gonna go follow him." 

In Reo's Room

Knock knock

"Come in." Reo was in his room looking up at the ceiling.

I walked into his room and was amazed at how big it was. "Dang. I could tell you did a little remodeling." I jumped onto the couch near his bed. "This is soo comfortable!!!" 

Reo got up from his bed and sat on one of the couch's legs. "Remember our promise 10 years ago?" 

"Promise?" 

"I can't blame you for forgetting." He looked at me. 

"Remind me then." 

10 years ago

In Front of Reo's House

"Let's take you home, Tamiko." 

"Okay." Kaneto put his hand behind me. 

"Wait!" I looked back toward Reo. "What's up, Reo?" 

He started to blush. "When I come back from my dad's business trip, will you go on a date with me?" 

A date? What's a date? "Um... sure." I smiled. "I can't wait." 

Back to Present

I sweat-dropped and awkwardly giggled. Back then, I didn't even know what a date was and I just randomly said yes... 

"Reo... you know that I didn't..." I looked into his eyes and realized how determined he was. I couldn't tell him that I didn't know what a date was back then, it would've crushed him... "... I didn't forget, obviously." I awkwardly giggled. "I was just testing you." 

Reo giggled as well. "Sure you were." I sweat-dropped and looked away. "So..." Reo stood up in front of me. "How about that date?" 

After all those years, he still remembered the promise. Something so simple as a promise... and he didn't forget it? I smiled. "Of course." 

- Itaru's POV - 

In My Room

"You know what the answer to 26 is?" I spun the pencil in my hand.

"Doing it." Jin continued to do the problem.

The door opened. "You guys want something to eat?" My mom walked in.

"No, it's okay." I said.

"If you need anything then, just ask." She slowly closed the door.

I opened my phone and saw a message from Tamiko. It was a pic of Reo and her taking a selfie. I quickly closed my phone and looked at Jin seriously.

"You okay, bro?"

I opened my phone again and showed him the photo.

"Did I tell you or did I tell you?" I looked to the side. "You literally had your chance and you missed it."