Chapter 4

- Tamiko's POV -

At the Train Station

"So why do you need a pretend girlfriend?" I asked. 

Itaru made a disgusted face. "Because the coach wants me to make this girl happy." 

"Why would a coach want romance for a player? From the TV series I've watched, the players always get distracted." 

"But this girl isn't just any girl. This girl could take us to the championship without doing any work." 

My mouth dropped down to the floor. "You're kidding." He shook his head left and right. "Won't that be cheating...?" I asked.

"Yep, pretty much." He smiled with pleasure. "But we get to go to the championship! So I have to get used to a girl always being around me." 

We took a pause.

"What are you talking about!" I yelled. "You're the talk of the school! All the girls have their eyes on you! Not to mention, when I turn around for a second you're surrounded by them."

Itaru awkwardly giggled and then frowned. "They only like me for my looks. Them being around means nothing." My eyes widened.

I never thought about it like that. I thought all popular guys wouldn't care if it was only looks. "If you understand the situation you're in, then why don't you change it." I smiled and his eyes widened.

"What do you mean?"

"They only like you for your looks, so why not change your look?"

Itaru tilted his head. "What are you talking about? How can I change my look?"

"Don't ask me!" I put up my hands. "But if things get hard, try making them easier. Find a solution." I smiled. 

His eyes started to sparkle. "Have anyone ever told you, you should be a therapist?"

My mouth opened halfway. What kind of a comment was that... "What kind of a comment was that! I was trying to help you!" I turned around. "Is this the respect I get?"

Itaru giggled. "I'm sorry."

"Besides I don't want to be a therapist." I looked at the sky.

"Then what do you wanna do?"

I continued to look at the sky. "I'm not sure, but I know that in the future I would do something I love."

"That's a great response for life."

Train Arrives

"Finally. The train took forever to come." I walked on the train and turned around. "Are you coming?" I smiled.

"Yeah, I'm coming." After that, Itaru took me home.

At Home

"Thanks for taking me home." 

"No problem." He tilted to the right to see the inside of my house. Wow...

"What are you doing?" I asked. 

"Oh, nothing." Itaru started to scratch his head. 

"Who is this guy?" Chikashi asked. 

"Oh, this is Itaru. And Itaru this is my brother, Chikashi." 

"Hello. My name is Itaru." He slowly put his hand out. 

Chikashi shook his hand and immediately started to crush it. Itaru then started to sweat. "If you hurt my sister at any time at any place, I will kill you."