Chapter 17

- Tamiko's POV -

At Lunch

"Reo, I haven't seen you in a while. How have you been?" We were both sitting in the middle of the room while everyone huddled around us.

"It's been great. My parents just finished their worldwide business trip." He put his arm on the chair for rest.

"Wow, worldwide travels, you must have seen everything then." Kyoko slipped into the conversation.

"I guess." He looked over at me. "I'm really glad I came back."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I missed you, Tamiko." Sparkles started to appear around us.

"How'd you guys meet anyway?" A classmate asked. 

I looked away from Reo, breaking our eye contact. "Our parents were really close, so we hung out most of the time."

"Cool..."

- Itaru's POV -

I waited for Tamiko up on the roof for 20 minutes, but she never came.

I giggled. "I wonder if she got lost again?" 

I walked to her classroom and saw a bunch of girls gathered in one spot.

"Oh hey, Itaru." A couple of them came up to me.

"What's going on?"

"A student just transferred here, and he's super cool." The girls giggled and left the classroom.

I walked further in and saw the new transfer student put his arm around Tamiko.

"Tamiko?"

"Itaru!" She stood up from her seat. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"You weren't on the roof, so I came to check up on you..." I looked behind Tamiko and took a better look at the student. 

"Nothing happened, honestly." 

"Then who's that?" I pointed directly at him. 

"He's just my childhood friend, I haven't seen him for a long time so I'm just welcoming him." 

"Tamiko!" She looked back at him. "Let's get some lunch." 

"Sure thing!" She then turned around. "I'll see you later. We're gonna walk home together, right?" 

"I have soccer practice today." 

"Great, I'll see you on the soccer field." 

Everybody followed him, leaving me all alone in the classroom. 

"You coming to practice?" Jin stood in front of the classroom door. 

"Yeah." 

- Tamiko's POV - 

In the Hallways

"Finally we lost them." 

"You don't like the attention?" I asked. 

"I like the attention, but this is just too much." Reo tried to catch his breath. 

I giggled. "I've been wanting to ask you." He over at me. "Why did you really come back?" I looked deep into Reo's eyes. 

"I came back to see you, of course."

"I'm pretty sure that's not the reason." 

He sighed. "I came back because I felt something was missing from my life. Traveling around the world isn't something I wanna do the rest of my life, you know?"