Chapter 27 Revised

- Tamiko's POV -

At the Playground

I sat on the swings and took out my phone.

2:30 PM

I giggled. "Guess I'm a little bit early."

"Tamiko?" I looked up and saw Kyoko holding some groceries.

I smiled. "Hi, Kyoko."

She walked up to me and put her groceries near the swings. "How are you? We haven't talked in like forever."

"I just got back and it's taking a little bit of time to settle in." I nodded my head.

"You and Reo still dating?"

I tilted my head. "What do you mean by still?"

"I just thought once you've come back you'll go back to Itaru."

I looked down at the ground sadly. "That was the plan, 5 years ago, but things have changed."

"What made you like Reo in the first place?"

"In California, I spent so much time with Reo that the feeling I had for Itaru kinda got locked away. At first, I felt so alone when I moved but Reo comforted me and I made through it. That's why..."

"So you still like Itaru?"

I looked up surprisingly. "I don't know yet... he's changed..."

She sighed. "Can't argue with you there." Kyoko looked up at the sky. "Time has flown since then..."

I played with my hands. "Yeah... I don't even know what I'm gonna say to Itaru when he comes here... He knows that Reo and I are dating but... when I left..."

Flashback

I walked up to Itaru and he closed his eyes. "I'm not gonna kiss you." I smiled.

Itaru opened his eyes. "Why not?"

I giggled. "You're gonna wait until I come back."

Back to the Present

"I said that, but things are different now..."

"Don't worry, Itaru is a reasonable person. I'm sure he'll understand." She stood up and carried her groceries. "Gotta go back to my boyfriend's apartment. I'll see you later."

Once she left, I was there all alone waiting for Itaru to come.

"Did you wait long?" I looked up and saw Itaru standing in front of me.

I smiled. "Not at all." He sat on the swings and there was silence. "You've changed a lot, Itaru." I had to get straight to the point or else I would never have.

His hair covered his eyes. "After I heard you and Reo were dating, yeah..."

I didn't know what to say after that. "Do you hate me?" I asked directly.

He suddenly looked straight at me. "What? Of course not. It's just that ever since you and Reo started dating, I don't know how to act around you anymore."

"I really missed you, you know. Ever since I left for California, we barely talk."

"I know but now that you're back," He smiled softly. "We can talk about the stuff we missed out on."

I smiled softly. "And things can go back to normal...?"

"Yep." He smiled brightly.

I didn't know that Itaru could still smile at me after what happened yesterday. "You seem different from the last time I saw you. What changed?"

Itaru swung a bit and looked up at the sky. "I don't know. I guess it was just a bad day for me."

"Oh?" I looked up at the sky as well. It's the same sky I've seen in high school, is it possible to relive that time? "We should probably ask Kyoko and Jin to hang out again."

"Good idea." He pulled out his phone and started to text them.

A Few Minutes Later

"We're gonna be meeting up at our high school." He put his phone back into his pocket. "We should probably get going, it's getting late."

He got off the swing and I followed. "So do you have a girlfriend?" I looked up at him while walking.

"Nope, haven't had one for five years."

I looked down sadly. "Five years, huh?"

Itaru realized my sad expression. "Oh uh, it doesn't mean I was waiting for you for all the five years." He hesitantly answered. "I just didn't like anyone in that time period, that's all."

I don't know if I should trust his word or not. In high school every girl use to be all over him.

"Don't worry, you'll find yourself a girlfriend in no time."

"I hope so."

In the Hotel Room

I closed the door behind me and saw Reo standing in the middle of the room.

"Um... what you doing?" I asked.

"Let's break up."

"Break up? What? Where did this come from?"

"I just don't think this is going to work." He immediately dashed out of the room, leaving me in the room.

"Uh... what just happened?!?!?!" I walked over to the bed and laid down. "I just got dumped..." For some reason, Itaru popped in my head. "Probably for the best." I suddenly curled up into a ball.

- Reo's POV -

I was walking back to the hotel, when I saw Tamiko and Itaru sitting on the swings.

For some reason when I looked at them there were sparkles. They really are meant to be with each other...

- Tamiko's POV -

At the High School

"Where is Tamiko?" Jin looked down at his watch.

"Guys!" I waved and ran towards them.

"What took you so long?" Kyoko walked up to me.

"Oh, Reo and I broke up." I put my hand behind my head.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, come on. Let's go to this new coffee shop near the train station. I heard that it's really good." Kyoko and Jin walked past me and Itaru immediately pulled my hand back. "Itaru?" I looked back and saw his hair covering his eyes.

"I..." I tilted my head and Itaru looked up. "Oh sorry." He let go of my hand. "Come on, let's go." Itaru also walked past me.

"I wonder why he held me hand?" I started to walk as well.

- Itaru's POV -

Tamiko just got out of a relationship, I should probably wait until she's ready to date again.

I looked back and saw Tamiko questioning the situation.

I giggled. "You can be so clueless sometimes." I stopped walking and waited for Tamiko to catch up. "You gonna pay for my meal?" I smirked.

She giggled. "Of course not."