Chapter 13

- Itaru's POV - 

ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz

Alarm Goes Off

I slowly open my eyes and saw the sun on my face. 

"Ughhh..." I rolled over and saw something circled red on my calendar. I sighed and rolled back. 

Today's the day, huh? I got up and looked inside my closet. "Where's my tux?" I walked into my mom's room and found it hanging in the closet. I took it up and walked out. Before I was fully out the door, I saw a picture of my family with my dad. 

A Few Years Ago

"I'M TRYING TO DO WHAT'S BEST FOR THE FAMILY!" My dad yelled at mom.

"YOU DON'T THINK I'M TRYING TO DO THE SAME!" My mom yells back.

"I GET HOME LATE EVERY NIGHT TO PAY FOR OUR EXPENSES! AND WHAT DO YOU DO???"

My mom said nothing and let dad walk out the door.

"Mom?"

She looked in my direction and slightly smiled. "Itaru? Why are you up so late?"

"I heard you and dad yelling." My mom walked closer to me. "Is something wrong?"

She patted me on the head."You should get some sleep. It's getting late."

Til that day my father hasn't returned to our family.

Back to Present

I went downstairs and saw breakfast already prepared on the kitchen table. 

"You ready for the big party tonight?" My mom asked while making pancakes. 

"Yeah. I just need to buy shoes." I started to eat the pancake in front of me. 

My mom sighed. "You should've bought them yesterday." 

"I couldn't. I was hanging out with a friend." 

My sister across the table started to smirk. "You mean girlfriend?" 

I blushed. "Pffffft, no..." I tried to avoid eye-contact. 

"Oh really." She looked down at hand. "Then, what's that around your finger?" 

My mom and I looked down at my finger. "When did you start wearing a ring?" My mom started to get curious. 

I put my hand away and continued to eat. "It's just a present. No big deal." 

My mom and sister both looked at each other, by the look on their faces they didn't believe a word I said. 

"I'm gonna go now." I got up and headed for the door. 

"You need money?" My mom walked out of the kitchen. 

I stopped and walked back. "Yes..." I held out my hand and slouched.

On the Streets

"Let's see. Where can I buy fancy shoes?" I looked forward and saw Tamiko and Jin walking together. "Hey, guys!" I waved my hand and walked towards them. "What you guys doing?" 

 "Going grocery shopping for Tamiko's mom. What you doing?" 

"Just buying some shoes for tonight."

"Oh yeah. Wanna come to the party tonight, Tamiko?" Jin asked out of nowhere.

Tamiko looked up from picking her apples. "Why you asking all the sudden?"