Chapter 12

- Tamiko's POV -

In the Living Room

I think Itaru's older sister just saw me in his room!!! How am I suppose to explain myself?!?!

"Itaru, get down here!" He comes down half awake while rubbing his eyes. "Yeah...? What's wrong?"

"Can you explain why there was a girl in your room touching your forehead?" Itaru's sister crossed her arms.

Itaru rubbed his eyes again. "She was just feeling my temperature. Nothing was going on, sis." 

"Oh..." His sister walked over to him. "She didn't do anything weird to you, did she?" I awkwardly smiled and sweat-dropped. 

"Noo... she's actually my...." Itaru and I made eye-contact and we both started to blush. "My..." 

"Friend." That word immediately came out of my mouth. My mind completely went blank.

Itaru's hair covered his eyes. "Yeah..." His sister looked at me. 

"Okay, how about getting some sleep? We don't want you to get even sicker now." Itaru headed upstairs.

"Um... I should take my leave. It's getting dark." She showed me to the entrance and slightly smiled. 

"You know you shouldn't be saying the word 'friend' in front of guys." She continued to slightly smile. 

"Well... it was the only word that seemed fit in that situation." I looked down and frowned. 

"If you continue this, Itaru might not notice your feelings for him." 

My eyes widened and saw her smile. "How did you know?" 

"I didn't." She winked and smiled at me. 

My face went blank and I started to giggle. "It was nice meeting you." I bowed and opened the door.

"See you around."

Door Closes

- Itaru's POV - 

I stood upstairs and listened to their conversation. 

I can't believe it. Tamiko has feelings for me? 

"How did you know?" 

Her words started to float around in my head. That means I actually have a chance with her for real this time! Right? But I also have to worry about the team... 

Tamiko or the team? Which one should I choose?!?!

Maybe Tamiko doesn't like me and I'm just jumping to conclusions. No that can't be or else she wouldn't have said that. 

"Itaru, did you hear that?" I looked downstairs and saw my sis looking up. 

"But how did you know I was listening?" 

"I'm your older sister. I feel these things."

- Tamiko's POV - 

In the Morning

I opened my eyes and looked at my alarm. 

8:40 AM

I took my phone off the counter and looked at my messages. 

Itaru: Wanna meet up? 

Tamiko: Are you feeling better to go out? 

10 Minutes Later

Itaru: Yeah, I'm feeling better. But I really need to tell you something. Wanna meet up at the train station? 

Tamiko: Sure, what time?