Chapter 22

- Tamiko's POV -

At the Fair

"We'll have two, please." Reo paid the lady and took the two cotton candies. "Here you go." He smiled and handed it to me.

"Thanks." We continued to walk around.

"You put on quite a performance the other day." He took a bite of his cotton candy.

"The other day?" I looked at Reo confused.

Flashback

"Itaru doesn't belong to anyone!" I yelled out loud. "He isn't an object that can be tossed around! And I will protect him from the likes of you!"

Back to the Present

I awkwardly giggled. "It's just how I feel."

"You didn't have to go on this date with me if you didn't want to." He looked down at his cotton candy.

"Let's not call it a date. How about, a hangout?" I smiled. "Okay?"

"Yeah. A hangout."

We walked around the fair not knowing what to do.

"You come to the fair every year?" Reo asked. 

"Nope, my parents sometimes don't have time." I finished my cotton candy.

"There's a lot of stalls here." He pointed out. "You want more food?"

I held up my hands. "It's okay. I don't wanna waste any more of your money."

"It's fine. Want some okonomiyaki?" He pulled out his wallet.

"Okonomiyaki?!?!?" My eyes turned into stars.

He giggled. "I haven't tried it here, but Kaneto said it was really good."

"Then we have to get it!!!" I had a huge smile on my face. OKONOMIYAKI!!!

- Itaru's POV -

"I'm really glad that you asked me to go with you to the fair, Itaru." Hoshiko clung onto my arm.

"I mean, I had nothing else to do." I had my hands in my pockets.

"What you wanna do first?" She asked.

"Nothing in particular. What do you wanna do?" I wonder what Tamiko is doing right now.

"I'm kinda craving okonomiyaki."

"Your treat?" I smirked.

Hoshiko giggled. "You funny."

We walked around and tried to find the okonomiyaki stand. "You have no idea where it is, do you?" 

"Nope, this is my first time coming here."

I looked around and found a flag that said 'okonomiyaki.' "I think I found it." As we walked closer to the stall, we saw Tamiko and Reo ordering some.

"Tamiko?"

She turned around while stuffing her face with okonomiyaki. "Itaru?" She wiped her mouth. "What are you doing here?"

"He's obviously with me." Hoshiko grabbed onto my arm tighter.

"That's... great." Tamiko's eye started to twitch.

"What you guys doing here?" I asked.

"We're ordering some okonomiyaki. What are you guys doing here?" Reo asked. 

"Itaru invited me here, Tamiko. He willingly did." Hoshiko rubbed it in her face.

"Good for you..." Her eye continued to twitch.