Chapter 5

- Tamiko's POV -

At School

"I'll see you later." Itaru stopped in front of my classroom and then headed to his.

I opened the door and saw girls around me with their frustrated faces.

"Hey, guys...?" I said awkwardly.

"Don't 'Hey guys' us." They're starting to get sassy... Oh my god... "How could you date Itaru without our permission?!?!"

"I didn't think you needed permission to go out with someone." I tilted my head. 

"Well, if it's Itaru. Then obviously you need permission." 

"Can you girls stop?" The boys joined the conversation. "Itaru isn't an object."

I started to agree. "He isn't anyone's, so you don't need permission to go out with him."

All the girls started to get frustrated at me, not the boys but me.

"Alright, class!" The teacher walks in. "Take your seats."

We all sat down and started the lesson. I looked out the window and saw a class having PE, I looked closely and saw someone familiar. 

It was Akari! Running laps huh? So much work...

Akari noticed me staring at her and started to glare. I suddenly got chills. Does she hate me or something?

"Tamiko! Tamiko!"

"Huh?" I was lost in thought that I totally didn't know what was going on.

"Please pay attention..." My teacher gave a hopeless face and I sweat-dropped.

At Lunch

I walked over to Kyoko. "Hey, Kyoko. What you have for lunch?" I asked. 

Kyoko avoided eye-contact. "Just the usual."

"Are you trying to avoid me?" I asked with concern.

"No..." She looked to the side.

"You are!" I yelled. "Why!"

She stood up from her chair. "Because you started to date Itaru!" My eyes widened. "I liked him first! And you knew that!"

I started to feel guilty. "I didn't know me having a boyfriend would affect our friendship."

"Well, it does. Especially when it comes to Itaru." It's always Itaru isn't it... "I liked him first! This is just like elementary school!" My eyes widened.

I feel really guilty now. "Kyoko..." Someone touched my shoulder. I turned around and saw Itaru. "Itaru..."

Kyoko also turned around. "Itaru!" She pushed me aside and put on a smile. "What brings you here?"

"I came here for Tamiko." Itaru walked past Kyoko and grabbed me by the arm. "Let's go." We then headed to the roof.

At the Roof

"So what's with you and your friend?" Itaru asked while opening his bento.

"She's just jealous that I keep getting the guy she likes." I opened my bread and took a bite.

"Straightforward much?" Itaru poked the octopus and put it in his mouth.

"What?" I asked confusedly. "I mean there's nothing to hide."

"You get all the guys huh?" Itaru smirked and leaned towards me.

"I can't help it if boys fell in love with me." I took another bite of my bread. "Besides this one isn't even real, and she's jealous of 'us'."