Chapter 19

Maxwell P.O.V.

When I slammed the door, everyone looked at me. Christopher smirked and I locked the door and stomped to him.

"What the fuck is going on?"

He layed back. "These are my friends".

I pimp slapped this bitch. He held his face and I grabbed his shirt and picked him off the couch. "All of you will clean this fucking place up. Or I promise you, I will beat the shit out of you".

I shoved him back down and turned to his friends. "If any of you even think of leaving, I wont hesitate to call your parents and either have them or me beat you".

They nodded fiercely and I went to grab my groceries. My beautiful cream colored couch is all messed up. Im buying a black one now.

I placed the groceries in the kitchen and heard Christopher mumble, "Im gonna call the police".

I turned around so quickly. "Call the police. I dare you. Because last time I checked, entering someones home without permission and trashing the place is against the law".

He scoffed. "I had permission. Im living here for awhile".

I folded my arms across my chest. "But your friends aren't".

He got silent. I packed away the groceries and started heading upstairs. "You all better start cleaning by the time I come back downstairs. Cleaning supplies are in the closet".

I got to my room and shut the door. I think I did good keeping my anger in check. At least I didn't yell. I huffed and started punching the wall. My knuckles hurt but I really needed to vent on something.

I sighed and went to change my clothes. I put on my baggy sweats and one of Thomas's t-shirts. I inhaled his scent and calmed myself down a bit. I walked back downstairs after putting on my glasses.

My anger was starting to rise again. Christopher and his friends were sitting at the kitchen island while Ryan was cleaning. I walked over to Ryan and picked him up.

"You not the one that made this mess".

He seemed to be trembling. I sighed. "Go upstairs in the 2 bedroom to your left".

He hurried up the stairs. I turnes to the other boys. They all looked scared. I balled my hands into fists.

"Do you know who I am? Do you know the connections I have?"

Everyone except Christopher shook their head. "Well let me tell you this, if you boys want to, I could let yall experience a weekend in jail. Because it looks like that's where you boys are headed".

They hung their heads. "Get up. Now!"

They started to clean, even Christopher. I felt my throat hurting and my head throbbing. The boys were working hard so I went upstairs.

Ryan was standing awkwardly in the corner of the room. I closed the door softly and sat on the bed. I patted rhe spot next to me.

"Come here Ryan".

He slowly sat down. The first thing I did was take that stupid sign off of him. I crumpled it up and threw it in the little bin I have. I grabbed his face gently and checked for bruises.

"Kid, you hungry?"

He nodded and I smiled. "Dont worry. Im gonna go cook in a little bit. Would you mind waiting?"

He shook his head. "Calm down kid. You can talk. I really dont understand why that kid acts like that towards gay people".

He raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean Mr.Maxwell?"

I layed on the bed. "Just Maxwell is fine. I mean that his brother is gay".

He looked shocked and I laughed. "Yeah. Im his brother's boyfriend. Unfortunately, his brother left for a trip. I miss him so much already".

He smiled. "Well I dont have any siblings or parents. I live in a foster home, but they treat me good".

I sat up again and coughed. Shit. Ryan patted my back. Once I stopped coughing, I thanked him.
"I would adopt you kid".

His eyes shined brightly. "REALLY?!?"

I laughed. "We will get to know eachother more. But just letting you know, Im not good with kids".

He smiled. "You seem like a good guy to me".

I ruffled his hair. "I should go cook and see how the guys are doing. Come downstairs".

He nodded and followed behind me. I was glad to see that the place was cleaner. I need to call Maddy over. She needs to organize some things for me because I am not sure if I will feel good enough to go to work.

I picked up the home phone and started calling her. She picked up on the second ring.

"Hello sir".

"Hello Maddy, can I ask you to do me a favor?"

"What is it Mr.Simon?"

I coughed for a few minutes. "Sorry. Can you come over to my house? There are some things that need to be discussed".

"Of course sir. I will be over in the next 20 minutes".

"Thank you. Goodbye".

"Bye sir".

I hung up and looked around. The boys looked tured and jumped when I came downstairs. I sighed. "Would you boys like something to eat and drink?"

They nodded and I started cooking. Ill just make some simple pasta and garlic bread. I started cooking and tried to quicken the pace.

When I was finally finished, I dished out everyones olate and poured out some juice. As an adult, I cant act so childish.

I made sure everyone had food then the doorbell rang.

"Hi Maddy".

She took in my appearance. I guess she is not used to my hair being down.

"Come inside".

We went straight to my little office and talked business. By the time it finished, Christopher said that his friends were staying over. I called all the parents and double checked. I made sure everyone was paired in a bedroom and I had Ryan in my bedroom.

The kid is honestly a sweetheart. I usually hate kids, but he is okay. I made sure everyone was asleep then went downstairs and took some medicine. My head is killing me.

My body was feeling heavy so i just layed on the couch. Hopefully Ill feel better tomorrow.