Chapter 42

Thomas P.O.V.

"I don't like that man"

I smirked as I pushed the cart in the supermarket.

"Me neither, but he is one of the few friends that Maxxy has. So for now, I won't say anything"

Christopher grunted and walked silently beside me with Ry Ry on the other side of me.

"Oh by the way, tonight's dinner is very important"

"Why dad?"

I sighed, "Some of my friends are coming over and there are some matters to settle between them and Maxwell. At a point in the night, I will ask you and your friends to go upstairs so that the adults can talk. Alright?"

They both nodded and then we went through every single aisle to get the ingredients. Once I get home, I have to call the guys and invite them over. If any of them act up around my brother or my son, I will end them immediately.

We finally got the ingredients on the list, plus some extra snacks, and we made it to the cash register. The total came up to 100+, but that's cheap considering how much Maxwell usually spends. He loves to get top rate ingredients, and has no qualms about spending a lot of money.

He isn't a greedy guy, but he is a strong believer on spending money while one has it. Chris whistled as he looked at the screen. Now that I think about it, where the hell are my parents? Have they contacted Christopher at all? They are shit parents anyways so I should probably try to get full custody of my brother. He seems more happy when he is with me.

Maxwell wouldn't mind, but we would still have to talk about it before I make the final decision. I couldn't help the chuckle that escaped my mouth. Our family seems to be constantly growing.

"Alright boys, grab some bags and take them to the car"

We all grabbed some bags and sped walked to the car, trying to avoid that numbing feeling you get once you hold bags around your wrist for too long. We arrived and I opened the trunk quickly.

"I wanted both of you to go by your friends' house, but I'll make you guys help me instead"

They both groaned, but I knew that neither of them minded helping me.

"Oh yeah, Maxwell wanted to know a day when you two are free because he wants to pick out our outfits for the fashion show"

"I think we have next week off so anytime that week"

I nodded and backed out of the driveway. I'm already tired thinking about how much work shopping with Maxwell is going to be. You can send that guy in the store for one thing and he will leave with twenty or more bags. Majority of the clothes will be for me or the boys, barely any for him since he doesn't like to buy casual clothes for himself.

"Max wants to pick out your clothes for today as well. He really gets passionate about things like this"

They chuckled and I just smiled. I love that troublesome boyfriend of mine.

Maxwell P.O.V.

"Sir that was the last meeting of the day"

I let out a breath of relief and started to pack my things up. Throughout the day, I've started to think of what I want everyone to wear. There will be a casual theme and I want everyone to wear something red in their outfit. Christopher and Tommy can go more fitted since they have a better build. Anny should have some nice cardigans.

"Are you ready sir?"

I nodded and walked out my office after putting my coat on. Maddy was patiently waiting outside of my door.

"Thank you Maddy, I brought my car with my so you can leave first"

She nodded, "Thank you sir, have a nice night"

"Same to you"

She walked to the elevator and I started to close everything off and make sure everything was locked. I honestly don't want to do this tonight, but I have to be an adult and handle things properly.

I sighed and started to leave the building and head to my car. Why can't I just be childish about this entire thing?

***

The boys and Thomas set things up for me perfectly so cooking was easier. Once I took out their clothes, I started my work in the kitchen. I decided to keep it simple with a baked chicken, salad, fried rice, some grilled salmon, macaroni, and some shrimp. Everyone will be staying sober until everything is settled.

Snacks are already prepared for when the kids have to go upstairs. Speaking of kids, the boys should be arriving around now.

"Maxxy?"

I looked up to see Thomas in the clothes I picked out for him. It was a fitted long-sleeve red v-neck and skinny black jeans. Tommy came behind me and I turned around so that we were face to face, well, more like face to chest. My hand ran up and down his arms, taking in the curve of his muscles.

I love his arms, so alluring.

"Like what you see?"

I nodded and rested my forehead against his chest as I rubbed his arms. So nice. He chuckled and braced me on the kitchen counter.

"I'm guessing this means you are relaxed right?"

I pecked his lips and smiled up at him. "Now that you're here with me, I am more relaxed"

He held my face in one hand and caressed my cheek with his palm. His hands were slightly cold, but it felt nice against my flushed skin. Sometimes it just felt like me and him against the world. No matter what happens, no matter how big of an argument we get into, I will always have him by my side.

We looked into each others eyes for a few more seconds, completely entranced. Thomas leaned down and his lips met mine softly. It slowly moved against mine, I could taste the mint fresh toothpaste he just used. I could smell the pine body wash. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tiptoed for better access.

All mine.