Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Johanna's POV

"Now tell me everything!" Olive demanded and Johanna laughed.

They hadn't had break for more than a second and her best friend was already all over her trying to find out whatever she didn't already know.

"Mom and dad caught me cause I was stupid and talked out loud" Johanna sighed.

"Well, that wasn't very clever of you" Olive said with one raised eyebrow.
"I found a key, and I was kind of drawn in by the thought that I found what they were looking for" Johanna explained.

"Hey, what's up?" Gale said walking up to the two girls.

"Uh hey!" Johanna exclaimed.

'Easy Johanna, easy' she thought to herself.

Why was it always so hard to talk to him? She had been friends with him since they were toddlers, why would it have to become so hard all of a sudden?

"Johanna is just telling me how she got caught" Olive said and Johanna have her a look.

"You got caught?" he asked surprised.

"Yeeeaaahhh, I... got to excited about finding a key" Johanna said and was kind of back to her normal self.

She started to stop thinking about how cute Gale was and just concentrate on him being the friend he always had been.

"Well, what did they say?" Gale continued asking and Johanna laughed. "What?"

"You two are way too curious" Johanna said.

"Says the girl who sneaks into her parents crime scenes to find out what happened" Olive teased and Johanna stopped laughing.

"Point taken" she said and smiled.

"But tell us" Olive and Gale started to make a lot if 'please please please' sounds and puppy eyes.

"I will if you two shut your mouths" Johanna agreed.

Their mouths both shut up and they stood there waiting for her to continue.

"They wanted me to promise never to do that again, but I said I couldn't. Then mom said that they didn't want me to do dangerous stuff and that's where I found my loophole, I promised to not do anything dangerous" Johanna said with a confident smile.

The two friends looked at her with raised eyebrows. Johanna sighed.

"I don't think it's dangerous to sneak to their crime scenes, therefore I'm not breaking my promise when I continue" Johanna said proud.

Both Olive and Gale gave her looks that said that they're impressed and didn't thought of that. They started walking towards their lockers to get the books to the next lesson.

"You've read what we're supposed to do in this lesson too then?" Olive asked Johanna with a smirk.

"Yes, of course I have. I can't let down my grades just because I want a little adventure. Plus I need them to become a detective when I get old enough" Johanna said.

"Then... what is it?" Olive asked with a please-tell-me-look.

"It's history right? We're going to talk about World War II" Johanna informed her friends.

"Yeah, now I remember, mr Kerlish said this was going to be that long project we would keep doing until the semester" Olive said while thinking about it.

"What do you mean? Will we work with this the rest of this season?" Gale asked with a sad face.

"Don't be sad, it's really interesting! Believe me, I've read a lot about it" Johanna said and her friends looked at her with smiles.

Their eyes widened and their smile disappeared when they saw something behind her and she turned around to see what they were looking at. Her heart almost stopped from the shock when she saw her parents walking down the corridor.

"Mom. Dad. Wh-what are you two doing here?" Johanna said and she felt her heart race.

"Well, we thought we should disturb you at your school after this morning" her father said and Johanna looked around to see if anyone else was there.

Her father chuckled when he saw the look on her face and shook his head. Her mother gave him a look and he stopped smiling.

"We need to talk to mrs Collins, I guess you kids know where her office is so can you take us there?" her mother asked and Johanna looked as surprised as her two best friends.

"Why do you wanna talk to my mom?" Gale asked and Johanna's mother exchanged a look with her father.

"Ehm... you will have to ask her later" her mother said and Johanna started to walk towards the counselor's office with her friends and her parents followed them.

"Here you are" Johanna said and knocked on the door in front of them.

"Thank you, maybe you should all go back to class, hope you're not coming too late because of us" her mother said and the three shook their heads.

"No, we won't be" Johanna said and when mrs Collins opened the door she looked at them all.

"Mrs Collins can we talk to you for a second?" her mother said and held up her badge.

"Eh... yeah, sure, come on in" mrs Collins said and let them inside.

She looked at the three kids, including her son.

"Are they coming too?" mrs Collins asked unsure.

"No, they will have to go back to class" Johanna's mother said and gave her a look.

"Oh" mrs Collins said and smiled to the kids before shutting the door.

Johanna looked at her two friends.

"No way I'm staying out of this now" she said and put her ear towards the door.

Her friends shrugged and did the same.