Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Kate's POV

Kate and Rick arrived at the school and when they walked through the doors they saw their daughter stand with her friends at the lockers which Kate knew belonged to them.

"We should go search for the counselor" Kate said but before she had gone too far Rick grabbed her arm and nodded against their daughter.

"Let's ask them for direction" he suggested and Kate narrowed her eyes.

"Okay, but no funny stuff, cause if that's the boy she likes, she will kill you in your sleep" Kate warned and Rick sighed but nodded.

They started to walk towards Johanna and her friends. Johanna had her back towards them so she hadn't seen them yet. Her friends on the other way saw Kate and Rick and their facial expression immediately turned from laughing to surprise and nervous. Kate couldn't really understand why they would be nervous and then she remembered she's a cop and the fact that they probably knew about Johanna's adventures. She tried smiling at them but their expression didn't change so she turned into her professional expression. Johanna slowly turned towards them. She looked surprised when she lay her eyes on them. When they got to her she started speaking.

"Mom. Dad. Wh-what are you two doing here?" she asked and Kate could see her being a bit nervous.

"Well, we thought we should disturb you at your school after this morning" Rick said and started to chuckle.

Kate saw Johanna look around to see if any of her school mates had either heard or seen them. Kate knew exactly how she felt and looked at her husband with half narrowed eyes that told him not to do something even more stupid. She could see he got it and that he remembered what she had told him about Johanna killing him if he did something stupid that would embarrass her.

"We need to talk to mrs Collins, I guess you kids know where her office is so can you take us there?" Kate told her daughter and her friends.

They looked really surprised to hear that, especially Gale.

"Why do you wanna talk to my mom?" Gale asked and Kate exchanged a look with Rick.

It wasn't their job to tell him, and Kate really didn't want to be the one who ruined his day.

"Ehm... you will have to ask her later" Kate said and the three kids started walking through the corridors.

Kate and Rick followed them. They didn't go directly behind them but kept some space between them.

"I don't think anyone of them knows" Rick whispered in Kate's ear.

"I wonder if Johanna never made the connection then" Kate whispered back.

"Probably not, or maybe she just didn't want to tell him" Rick said and the kids stopped.

"Here you are" Johanna said and knocked on the door they had stopped by.

On the door it said 'school counselor'.

"Thank you, maybe you should all go back to class, hope you're not coming too late because of us" Kate said and hoped they would go away before mrs Collins opened the door.

"No, we won't be" Johanna said and the door opened.

'Damn it' Kate thought to herself.

Mrs Collins looked at each one of them with a confused look but Kate could see she thought they were there to talk as parents and child.

"Mrs Collins can we talk to you for a second?" Kate said and showed her police badge.

The confused look got even more confused and Kate could see the thoughts go around in mrs Collins head. She probably thought her son was involved in something since he was still there.