Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Kate's POV

Kate's heart broke when she saw her daughter's tears roll down her cheeks. Kate didn't know what to do, if she should take her out of there or if she should let her finish in case Ronald would confess after that wrist and those tears. Kate couldn't take her eyes off of her daughter, she just couldn't. How could she let her get kidnapped? What of a terrble mother was she? Why did these stuff always seem to happen her and her family? Ronald's answer got Kate out of her thoughts.

"I did it" he said and his voice cracked.

"What?" her daughter said with a small voice and mirrored the surprise Kate felt.

"I killed Jacob Collins, I hired the two guys who hurt you. I'm sorry" he said and Kate looked at him.

He had his head down, like he was ashamed of what he did.

"Why did you do it?" Johanna asked and Kate shot her a glance.

That's when she should end it, they got their confession, they didn't really need to know why. But then Kate remembered she's her dad's daughter too. 'The story always matters' and Kate agreed to it, the story did matter and she was curious to know too. But she didn't want her daughter near the man who teared her down any longer.

"Because he was dealing drugs for me, I didn't have enough money to buy my little princess everything she wanted, that's why I started dealing drugs, that's why I killed Jacob since he didn't deliver the package in time, the money was delayed and I needed them to keep our house" Ronald surprised Kate by being honest, and when she looked at him again she could see the shame he had in his eyes when he looked at her daughter.

"I can't forgive you, but hopefully your own daughter will some day" her daughter said and she stood up.

Kate looked at her daughter and didn't quite know what to do, she was in shock. It wasn't until Johanna was on her way out of the room that Kate got out of her trance and shoot up from the chair and walked after her daughter out of the room. When they got out and the door to the interrogation room was shut she found her voice.

"Johanna" she said and Johanna turned around with a wide smile on her face.

Which made Kate really confused and Johanna wiped away the tears she'd had on her cheeks.

"Why didn't you tell me about your wrist? Wait, didn't you just broke down and cried?" Kate asked confused and Johanna giggled.

Castle and the rest of the gang came out from the observation room and she could see Lanie had tears in her eyes. Kate didn't really look more on them, her eyes were set on Johanna who still smiled and giggled at her.

"No, you see, this" Johanna said and held up her wrist. "This is just make-up, look" she said and licked her thumb and started rubbing away the red line on her wrist. "And these" she said and pointed to her dried tears "they're just fake" she smiled.

Kate looked at her daughter in shock.

"You mean, it was all just an act?" Kate asked shocked.

"Yeah, well, not all but I kinda exaggerated it a little" her daughter said and smiled towards her.

Kate let out a big sigh of relief and at the same time she embraced Johanna in her arms and hugged her daughter tight. Johanna hugged her back and Kate soon felt another pair of arms embracing both her and her daughter. She would recognize those arms in her deepest sleep.

"Don't ever scare me like that again, ok?" Kate said and her daughter giggled.

"I might have to, your reactions in there were perfect" her daughter teased her and they let go when they heard Gates clearing her throat.

"Did I get this right, you put up an act in there which led to the confession?" she asked and Johanna's smile was filled with pride.

"Yes, I even fooled mom" Johanna said and Kate looked at her.

"Oh and speaking of your mother" Gates said and Kate looked at her captain. "You looked just like her in there, if you keep that up, you might beat her and become the youngest female detective here some day" Gates continued with a smile in her face.

Kate could see her daughter's small smile grow bigger.

"Really?" she asked with a hopeful voice.

"Really" Gates said and Johanna looked at Kate.

Kate looked at her with pride, she didn't want her daughter in danger but she had to admit, she had been excellent in there. She had talked like a real detective, and that was something no one had expected. It was probably one of the reasons Ronald confessed.

"Why don't we go out and celebrate detective mini-Beckett her first confession?" Esposito asked with a big smile.

"Hey! Shouldn't it at least be mini-Beckett-Castle?" Castle complained and Kate shook her head.

"No, cause it's not you she's obviously a Beckett" Esposito said back with his teasing serious voice and all started laughing except Castle.

Kate took his hands to comfort him and he looked at her in her eyes. She drowned in his blue eyes and smiled at him.

"For god's sake, just kiss" Kate's head snapped in surprise to her daughter. "What?" she asked shrugging.

Kate blushed and Castle took her face in one of his hands and turned her face up to his again. He bent down and his lips softly touched hers.

A/N:

Just thought I should tell you that there's only two more chapters! Hope you'll like them!